how do I give the 5 ghz band a different SSID from the 2.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-17 00:50:27
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: unknown

All I want to do is give my 5 ghz band a different SSID.  Can someone point me to info on this?

Thanks,

Scotty45

Options
4 Reply
Re:how do I give the 5 ghz band a different SSID from the 2.4
2023-09-18 09:12:23

@scotty45 

Hi, welcome to the community.

You could disable 2.4GHz and leave 5GHz only on the main Network, then enable IOT Network for 2.4GHz only with a different SSID.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-18 12:04:03

@David-TP, My problem is that the 2.4 must not be changed, it is the 5 that must be changed.  It seems that this is a simple thing but I am an even simpler person :)

Thank you for the response,

Scotty45

Options
2023-09-21 02:36:08

@scotty45 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

On the Deco X55_V1.2, you are able to have three wireless signals: Main Network+Guest Network+IOT network. All of them could work on 2.4 GHz only/5 GHz only/ 2.4 GHz+5 GHz. The guest network is separate from the other two networks.

So if you tend not to change the 2.4 GHz on the main network, you could enable IOT network for 5 GHz only and assign a different SSID, or enable Guest network for 5 GHz only and assign a different SSID.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-21 09:22:29

@David-TP 

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately it does not answer my poorly worded question.  I know "what" I want to do.  I do not know "how" to do it.  Where in the tp-link app does it enable me to set the names of the 2.4 and 5.0 bands separately?  Right now both bands have the same name, lets say FREDDY-24.  I want the 2.4 band to remain the same but change the 5.0 band to FREDDY-50.  I have been unable to find a screen that enable me to separately name the bands.  What I need is something like this:

Step 1 - open the tp-link app

Step 2 - click on this

Step 3 - click on that

Step 4 - .....

Final step -  type in the name you want to give the 5.0 band and save

I have not been able to find a way to do this.  With my ancient tp-link router I could do this easily.  I know I'm missing something simple but I am even simpler so it is eluding me.

Thanks,

Scotty45

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 4

Related Articles