Deco XE75 SSID for 6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 SSID for 6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco XE75 SSID for 6E
Deco XE75 SSID for 6E
2023-09-30 12:28:31
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am new to the XE75 so I may be a bit confused. On the 2.4 and 5 bands I can share the same SSID. When I enable 6e wireless since I have a few 6e devices the app defaults to a new SSID for the 6e. I haven't tried yet but am I safe to use the same SSID as my 2.4/5 network? If possible are there significant reasons not too? 

BTW: Not sure how Tplink measures the coverage SQFT. They quote major improvements over my previous system Nest Wifi honestly I don't see it. I tried to use 2 devices but ended up having to use 3 like my old Nest. Also the speeds were the same. The reason I am sticking with the Deco is I can disable Wifi Bands making bringing new HomeKit devices online and most mesh systems are a pain. I am not knocking the system I really like it much more configurable than the Nest. Just was expecting less hardware based on the coverage numbers they ae throwing around.

TIA,

Earthdog

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 SSID for 6E
2023-10-12 03:35:43

@Earthdog 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The issue "6G SSID could not be set to match 5G/2.4G SSID" will be fixed along with the firmware upgrade. Currently, Deco XE75_V1_1.2.7 has added the fix already.

For Deco XE75 pro, please check the release notes on the official website on a regular basis.

Best regards.

Options