X55 Guest Network Features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-06 14:03:50
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi TP-Link Team,

I have been a TP-Link user for about 15 years now and love the product. My current network is composed of a C7, a C90 routers and 2 RE450 repeaters. Now that wireless has become dominant, this has become a bit of a challenge with the device connectivity as I moved around the house from the basement to 1st floor, 2nd floor, and outside patio, so I started to look into the Mesh Systems.

Looking into the One Mesh routers with the compatible extenders and then the Deco system, I have decided to purchase the Decos, 1 X25 3 pack and a single X55 and set up the X55 as the main based on the Deco App recommendations.

But now I have 3 questions.

1. Is there a way to hide the Guest Network SSID like I have in the C90 and as we do for the main SSID?
  2. I also do not see the “Allow Local Access” option as I have seen in data info for the M5. Is this now done automatically?
  3. If yes to question 2, can this be a feature with future firmware so that we may have the option to grant a guest temporary access to resources (such as printer) in the main network?
Options
4 Reply
Re:X55 Guest Network Features
2023-10-06 18:25:33
See https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/623812 It's definitely a feature they need but do not have.
Options
2023-10-07 17:20:15

@CinoG

3672706Thanks garpinc. This is a setp back from my C90 router!

Options
2023-10-08 11:38:10

@CinoG 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I am afraid it is not allowed to hide Guest SSID on the latest Deco APP.

Actually, I remembered there was so I am not sure whether it has been removed now or I have misremembered. I will check later and come back to you.

As for the "Allow Local Access", you might still see it when Deco X55 is in Access Point mode. But in router mode, there isn't such an option.

On the latest firmware of Deco X55 _v1.2, it supports the IOT network which has local access to the main network enabled by default. You could try to temporarily connect this guest to the IOT network when it needs to access the printer.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-08 14:22:16

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. Is there a specific reason why these features have been removed and not allowed now?

Regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 441

Replies: 4

Related Articles