Error setting the Deco x55 Wan Static IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 17:40:16
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

My internet comes in via the Verizon router I then connect the Deco to the internal port of the router (same way that I had the C90 router). All work fine if I leave the WAN side of the Deco set to Dynamic wich gets an IP from the Verizon router internal DHCP, but when I try to set it to to a static IP within the Verizon router internal network and out of the verizon DHCP range I get a red message stating "invalid IP address" even when I used the same Subnet mask and gateway info that the Deco gets from the Vz router when in Dynamic setting, the only thing that changed are the last 3 digits from the IP address.

Any help would be welcomed, as I need to set the WAN to static because of port fowarding from the VZ router to the Deco (same that I had in my C90 router).

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Error setting the Deco x55 Wan Static IP
2023-10-08 11:24:30

@CinoG 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I tested the Deco on my side and it seemed working well with the static IP settings, which the IPV4 address is also out of the DHCP range of the front router.

I would like to follow up on your case via email in case I missed something important.

Could you please help me send the following details to support.forum@tp-link.com:

1. please save a screenshot of the static IPv4 settings on the Deco App.

2. If possible, could you please save the same screenshot when Deco is on Dynamic IP?

3. Please go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>LAN IP, and save a picture of this page.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Error setting the Deco x55 Wan Static IP
2023-10-08 14:37:47

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thank you for the confirmation. After trying a few times, I found out what I was doing wrong. I was tapping on the data fields to entering the info and then tapping "Save" and did not noticed the "Next" button on the keypad. Once I used the "Next" button on the keypad to tab thru the fields after entering the data, it all worked ok.

It looks like that the App verification engine does not look into the fields for valid data, but in some temp memory/variable location that is created when the "Next" button is pressed.

Best regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 447

Replies: 2

Related Articles