Connecting wifi router to range extenders.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 20:32:59

I have an AC1750 Mesh Wi-Fi Router and a deco AX6600 Mesh System with 2 devices. Are they compatible? 

I haven't found any info on how to setup this configuration. Also the deco mesh isn't in the list of mesh products in the router setup.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting wifi router to range extenders.
2023-10-08 11:41:49

@BugBiter 

Hi, May I know the model number of your AC1750 Mesh WiFi router?

I think you might have a OneMesh router which unfortunately couldn't set up Mesh with the Deco system.

For mode details, it is suggested to refer to What are the Differences between Deco Mesh, One Mesh, Easy Mesh and Omada Mesh?

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-08 17:02:13

@David-TP 

Model: A7(US) Ver:5.6

Additionally, router is remotely connected via cable to a Starlink modem/ router. The TP-link wifi router works fine. 

The deco install app for mesh devices calls for removing wifi router and connecting deco directly to the modem cable. I can't get it to work from this point. Too many unknowns about Starlink security types,  protocols, & settings. I would prefer to set up mesh via the tp-link wifi router web page.

Options
2023-10-09 13:16:39
I believe you can connect by cable the main deco to your wifi router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 3

Related Articles