Existing Deco started flashing blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 21:06:33
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I setup a 3 unit Deco XE75 in my boss' house about 8 months ago.  He was away on vacation and when he came home had no wifi.  The main Deco unit is flashing blue and the 2 others are red.  I thought flashing blue meant it was ready for setup, but they were setup 8 months ago and had been running fine.

He has a similar setup at his vacation home, which is working fine.

The app had said there was something wrong as it could not connect to get the status, but now we only see the vacation home in the app, the regular house is totally missing from the app.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?  I've got to go to his house to troubleshoot. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Existing Deco started flashing blue
2023-10-19 03:50:28

@CraigTompkins 

Hi, I think the main Deco might have been accidentally reset or removed from the Deco APP.

You could start the configuration again by clicking "+" on the top and "Create a network".

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-19 11:11:52

@David-TP 

I'll give that a shot, but not sure how it would have been just reset when he was out of the country.

Options
2023-10-21 13:17:08

@CraigTompkins I have a couple

Networks that I manage as well as 2 of my own. Mine are the x90 2pk they are doing the same. The others are x55(3) x75pro(3) and are in different locations and they are doing the same started flashing blue but the weird thing is that some of them still have internet and when they take a Screenshot of the wifi in there area it's showing up as the deco name and last 4 mac address digits. Not sure if it's a bad firmware cause I know there was issues with the last firmware update on the x90. I'm gonna try to contact support today.

Options
2023-10-21 16:09:11

@Pezzer44 

Please let us know if you find anything out.

Options
2023-10-23 13:34:02

@CraigTompkins 

Update:  When I arrived all 3 units were flashing blue and the network was missing from the app.  I did "add new network" and set it up like new.  It would not let me use the same network name (which it had been before), so I had to create a new network name.  After doing that 1 of the 2 remote units connected automatically.  The other one required a factory reset and kept failing to connect wirelessly, I moved it and connected it via ethernet and it came online.  Moving it back to it's original location via wifi worked just fine.

So then I had to reconfigure all the devices in the house to use the new SSID which took longer than setting up the new network.

I wonder if there was a firmware update that does not allow multiple networks to have the same name or something and when it got an update it didn't know what to do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 5

Related Articles