Network set to 5ghz only - Deco's connecting to each other at 2.4ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 14:45:21
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522 68968

I recently changed my network settings to use 5 ghz only.  I have 2 Deco units on the same floor in my house about 20' apart.  Everything seems to be working properly but I notice when I open the app and look at my satellite deco, it says it's connected to the main deco at 2.4ghz.  I've moved the satellite deco around even putting it in the same room as the main deco (no obstacles in between) and it still reads 2.4ghz.

If I have my network setup for 5ghz only is it normal for the deco units to connect using 2.4ghz?  Could this be necessary in case I want to setup another network using 2.4ghz only?

More of a curiosity.

Thanks.

Steve

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network set to 5ghz only - Deco's connecting to each other at 2.4ghz
2023-10-20 03:23:14

@skondolf 

Hi, The Wireless band would not affect the Mesh Backhaul between Deco units since they are using separate WiFi signals for Backhaul.

Could you please refer to this link to submit the Deco App log:

How to submit Deco APP log

By the way, did this issue just start recently?

Would it help if you restart the whole Mesh system once?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-20 16:19:02

@David-TP 

Thanks for the reply.  I have rebooted both Decos in my network and it still reads 2.4ghz.

At this point I don't think it's necessary to send any logs.  I've moved my satellite Deco to a different location and I think overall performance has improved.  I'm going to continue to monitor my system for awhile.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Steve

Options
2023-10-21 19:12:54

@skondolf Just fiy your x55 has a new update v1.3.1 here, double check your hardware version as well : https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x55/v1/#Firmware

Options