x55 direct to fios ONT unable to connect to internet on initial setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-24 14:43:36
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Replacing my google mesh with deco x55.  Current setup is verizon ONT direct to google mesh. 

- Plugged existing / working ethernet cable to x55 and tried to use the deco app for initial setup. 

- After I select the location of the device it tried to connect but "can not find internet connection". 

- I have tried to reset and have tried other x55 devices from the 3 pack.

Still no luck.

Seems there is no option to exit the setup and access any configuration settings either.  I also tried to connect my laptop and access the router via chrome browser on chromebook (192.168.68.1) but it asks me to download the deco app.  Tried to download but says it is not compatible with my chrombook.

How can I get this intial setup done?

Options
1 Reply
Re:x55 direct to fios ONT unable to connect to internet on initial setup
2023-10-25 07:07:25

@mcmenamy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a screenshot of the error message?

I haven't seen an error notice like "can not find internet connection", but there is a similar one " Unable to connect to the Internet."

MAC authentication is quite common for cable/fiber connections.

It is suggested to enable "MAC Clone" during the configuration and manually add the MAC address of Google Mesh on Deco.

You could also connect the laptop via an Ethernet cable to Verizon ONT and check whether the laptop can get internet or not.

If the laptop works, we could use the MAC address of the laptop as well.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 1

Related Articles