X50 POE Disconnects Daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-01 22:50:29
Model: Deco X50-PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Setup Internet>mainDeco>switch>AP-Deco

Seemingly every 24 hrs the Main Deco will go solid red stating "no internet". Can plug a laptop into the internet ethernet and have connection. Powering Main Deco off/on restores connection.

Main Deco is Poe powered by TP Link Switch SG1005P as is the satellite Deco. 

Turned on Recovery Mode on switch but did not seem to impact the Main Deco.

Options
2 Reply
Re:X50 POE Disconnects Daily
2023-11-02 08:00:52 - last edited 2023-11-02 08:06:32

@Jofo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When the main Deco X50-POE turns red again, if not restarting this unit, are you able to restore the connection by temporarily unplugging the satellite Deco X50-POE from the switch?

It is also suggested to replace the Ethernet cable between the main Deco and ISP modem in case the cable is poorly connected.

And May I know who is your internet service provider?

I've sent a beta firmware via the email and it is suggested to install the beta firmware first.

Later if the internet drops again, can I have a picture of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4, and help me save the system log from web UI?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X50 POE Disconnects Daily
2023-11-02 19:01:42

@David-TP 

Thank you. ISP is LUS Fiber.

I was able to install the firmware and all is work as it should for the moment. Will try the other trouble shooting items if the issue persists.

It did go solid red after the update. Unplugged satellite router and went from solid to blinking red, but no connection. 

2nd try. Unplugged just the POE supply allowed it to cycle and it went solid red. 

Third try Unplugged both POE and Internet cable. Cycled to green and am currently online.

Options