Wireless Dropouts New Video Doorbell
Wireless Dropouts New Video Doorbell
2023-11-04 02:12:19 - last edited 2023-11-04 02:15:35
Tags: #Connection
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello all

so there seems to be an issue with the new ring doorbell battery plus and the deco XE5300. My firmware is the latest and I have hardware version 2.6

so the newest doorbell from ring will not stay connected for more than 5 minutes it will sometimes reconnect in a minute or 2 and then sometimes it's hours upon hours and when it does reconnect the connection drops off again and even though my doorbell is hardwired it's only a trickle charge and it's draining the battery severely with all these dropouts and reconnecting. I have done all the usual turned off beamforming and fast roaming and also when the doorbell does reconnect I turn off use mesh technology as well and still nothing. I even setup a separate IoT network just for the doorbell and still no dice does the same thing. Is there a beta firmware or some other fix for this? I ended up going back to my ax3600 nighthawk mesh system and the doorbell stays connected to that with no issues at all not a single dropout. Need some help I like my XE5300 system it works so very well other than this issue. My previous ring doorbell 2 never had any dropouts on my deco XE5300 system unfortunately my old doorbell went sour after a couple years of solid performance. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Dropouts New Video Doorbell
2023-11-09 01:36:37 - last edited 2023-11-09 01:42:23

@icehawk940 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to set Connection preference for the new ring doorbell to make sure it is always connected to the nearest Deco XE5300?

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Could you please also refer to this link to set up the Connection Alerts for Ring doorbell so that we could monitor its dropping frequency?

How to configure the Connection Alerts feature on the Deco app

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 163

Replies: 1

Tags

Connection
Related Articles