Main unit loses connection (solid red) after a few hours working multiple times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-25 13:55:55
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just picked up a set of 5300s.

Setup went well and everything connected for a few hours. Main unit then went to red. I reset everything and worked for a few hours. Then happened again. 

ISP is Cox. Initial setup for me was dynamic IP.

Not sure what else to do, but considering returning. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main unit loses connection (solid red) after a few hours working multiple times
2023-11-27 06:26:24

@RomeoWoof 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a picture of the IPV4 settings under Deco APP>More>Internet Connection>IPV4 When Deco XE5300 was red?

When the main XE5300 was red, if you connect a computer to the Cox modem directly via an Ethernet cable, are you still able to get internet connection on the computer?

After that, please also try to Power off Cox modem for 2-5mins, and replace a new Ethernet cable to connect the Cox modem and main Deco.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Main unit loses connection (solid red) after a few hours working multiple times
2023-11-30 20:43:27

@RomeoWoof Are you using ethernet backhaul?

Options
2023-11-30 21:49:21

@RomeoWoof Check the Internet connection setting and take note of the subnet mask. Make sure in the advance setting where the LAN IP setting is that subnet mask is also matching that. 

Options