Can't set up port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-01 22:15:10
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230720

Hi - I am trying to set up Port Forwarding in the Deco Android App.

After entering all the Port Forwarding information (Custom, Custom Name, Internal Port, External Port, TCP/UDP), the "Save" button stays disabled and never becomes enabled so that I can save the Port Forwarding information.

How can I get Port Forwarding working on the Deco XE75 Pro?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't set up port forwarding
2023-12-04 08:29:04

@AzJazz 

Hi, Would there be any red highlighted errors, such as "the IP address has alreayd been taken" or "The IP address is invalid"?

May I know the current Deco Android App version?

If you force closing the Deco APP and reopen it, would it make any difference?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-05 06:29:08
Hi, David - It turns out that it was a user interface issue. I knew that I needed to set up a target IP Address for where the port forwarding to go to, but it wasn't clear for me from the app's user interface how I was supposed to enter the target IP Address. The whole app's user interface could be significantly better. One suggestion would be to highlight in red (or another color) any field that requires a user entry so that the user knows to tap or select a field to enter missing data. I eventually figured it out with the help of one of the (very patient) TP-Link tech support staff. Thanks, Alan Additional Note: The user interface on this forum web page reply field is driving me crazy! I've never seen anything like this, and it doesn't reflect well on TP-Link's technical prowess. Maybe you can hire a summer intern to modify this forum's reply field so that unbroken words that extend past the end of the line get displayed unbroken onto the next line instead of just wrapped around with hanging letters? Every other forum I have seen in the last few decades seems to be able to handle this, it can't be that difficult to fix!
Options
2023-12-05 09:18:11

@AzJazz The "quick reply" feature of the forum is indeed quite poor.  Better to use "reply".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 3

Related Articles