Ambient WeatherStation 2902 Will Not Connect With Deco X55

2023-12-05 16:49:18
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I just changed my network to 3 Deco X55's and I cannot get my Ambient 2902 WeatherStation to connect.

- It requires a 2 ghz connection.

- The app times out and does not establish a wifi connection for the weather station.

- The weather station and the display are in the same positions where they worked with my previous Verizon G3100 router.

- I have enabled the guest network with just 2.4 ghz, enabled the IOT network and set the main network to just 2.4 ghz and none of the above made a connection.

- I did all of that with FastRoaming & Beamforming disabled as well.

I have not yet:

- Moved the display and weather station closerto one another.

- Removed the 2 remote Decos and tested with just the main.

Before I take those steps, is there additional guidance in getting the device connected?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ambient WeatherStation 2902 Will Not Connect With Deco X55
2023-12-05 21:54:47

@Perry_L1gon,

Normally the solution is to disable 5ghz on the main network, setup the device, and then re-enable the 5GHz, as can be seen in this thread for the La Crosse Weatherstation

I would recommend first attempting to use the IoT network again, however, try a lesser encryption method.

Since you have found the device in your client devices, try or make sure that the option for mesh technology is also disabled.

Unfortunately, I don't know how the display and system connect and play with each other, but I would imagine that the display will connect to the station directly, so definitely try moving your devices closer. 

If they connect via your network, they may be having difficulty connecting through a node - make sure that there isn't two devices attempting to your network - if there is, you likely need to disable the same settings as you already have.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Ambient WeatherStation 2902 Will Not Connect With Deco X55
2024-02-05 17:16:42

@Perry_L1gon After contacting Ambient, it was determined that my weather station was purchased (March 2018) prior to an upgrade that occurred that now left my current set up unsupported. I either never received or somehow missed the recall notification. The app originally used for configuration was no longer supported (as of January 2023) and my current display unit needed to be upgraded as well. I purchased the replacement display unit and my weather station connected with my netwrok without a hitch. Good to go!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 2

Related Articles