Needed Firmware update is only available on the USA site.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-05 19:15:06
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 221028

I currently have this router. Recently some guests of my co-working space are not able to connect to the 5Ghz network. This is causing some major issues for me as the guests are not having required speeds for their work on the 2.4.  I see on the US version of the TP link site. There is a Firmware update released that "Fixed the bug that prevented AX201 network cards from connecting to the 5GHz networks on Windows 11."  This is the exact issue I am having on my EU router and I have no way to download or install firmware that functions correctly.

Can someone at TP Link update the firmware page so I can install this fix ASAP and get my equipment working properly again?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Needed Firmware update is only available on the USA site.
2023-12-06 00:25:12

@porknbees,

You would need to check with the global community for the firmware, we only manage the firmware on the US side of things and router firmware is often region specific due to differences in regulations and frequencies.

Double-check is that your router is, in fact, an EN model by checking the label on the router.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options