Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues

Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues

Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues
Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues
2023-12-07 21:12:48 - last edited 2023-12-07 21:44:44
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

I am new here. I just got a two pack of BE85's two weeks ago. I updated the firmware to the latest. The only issue I have is after a reboot, 6 Ghz does not come up once in a while. So nothing will connect to 6Ghz and if I force something to 6 Ghz it will just disconnect. If I reboot the router again its fine. Its not everytime I reboot either, but when its not working rebooting it aways fixes it. I had it on daily 4am reboots and I notice hours afterwards my laptop was not connecting on 6 Ghz, even though the router is 10 feet away and its a Intel BE200 Wifi 7 card. My sons also would not connect and his is just Wifi 6e. For example today was the only day a week I picked now for reboot. When it rebooted, 6 Ghz was not showing, I told my sons computer in the App to only connect to 6 Ghz and it disconnected him. I had to reboot the router and then he could connect.

If I reboot it always comes but up right away, the first time. It seems like about 1 out of 4 reboots the 6 Ghz radio just is not working. Anyone else with the issue? Also I am not using wireless backhaul and ran a brand new cat 8 cable between them. Also both are doing it so I dont think its hardware. I load up an app the shows all frequencies broadcasting. When I checked, I saw my ssid broadcasting on 2.4 and 5Ghz. Nothing was broadcasting on 6 Ghz. After a reboot, it was broadcasting fine.

Also in the app there is no way to combine the 2.4,5 and 6 Ghz into 1 SSID. I read someone says just name it the same SSID for the 2.4\5 and the 6 Ghz. I do have MLO on for my one Wifi 7 laptop, the MLO is a different SSID. So I had one ssid for 2.4/5 and the same ssid name as that for 6ghz. Then a seperate name for the MLO. 

Does everyone else recommend naming the SSID's the same? I am wondering if this caused my issue. I just disabled 6 Ghz except on MLO and we will see. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues
2023-12-08 02:40:47

@MadHatter01 

Hi,Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have the model number of your Wi-Fi 6E devices or Wireless adapter?

I happen to see you also submitted a support ticket.

There hasn't been a similar feedback before, and since there is no other suitable suggestion, I would like to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance. 

You could also update the email directly if there is any change after disabling the 6GHz on the main network.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco BE85 6 Ghz issues
2023-12-08 03:59:25 - last edited 2023-12-08 04:34:48

@David-TP Thank you for the reply. I found the issue. It appears to only be on Samsung WiFi 6e devices. So I will be contacting them. For some reason 6 Ghz is disappearing. It started with Android 14, which came out right when I bought the router. The issue with my sons computer was in the app, I told his computer to be set to 6ghz, but because I did the from the TP-link app on my phone. The created issues.

I just checked Samsung's forums. Other people with s23's and fold 5 are having wifi 6e issues after the android 14 upgrade also. Its not a Tp-link issue. Sorry I just got the Android 14 upgrade on the same day like I said above.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 615

Replies: 2

Related Articles