Deco XE75 Pro - Known Devices Take a Long Time to Connect to WiFi

2023-12-22 16:02:23 - last edited 2023-12-22 16:09:09
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

I have a TP-Link Deco XE75 Pro AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E "Whole Home Mesh System (3-Pack)" that I setup and have been running since late October 2023. The system is fast when deivices are connected. However, known devices all take a long time to reconnect to the network after powering on. Sometimes up to a minute or greater. This is occurring on Smart TVs, Laptops, Gaming Devices, iPhones, and tablets.

The environment is as follows:

• 3 story home with main Deco on the middle level and connected Decos upstairs and down
  • 940Mbps Century Link Fiber
  • Operation Mode is Wi-Fi Router - Main Deco is connected directly to the network
  • Internet Connection is IPv4 (IPv6 is disabled)
  • 6GHz Network is reserved for Dedicated Backhaul only
  • Guest Network is off
  • SIP ALG, UPNP and IPTV/VLAN are Enabled
  • I am not using a VPN Server
  • Firmware is current per the Deco App at 1.2.7
  • The system has about 35 known devices, and 15-20 are typically connected (thought not necessarily in use) at any one time

I have attempted the following, and nothing has made any difference whatsoever:

• Fast Roaming is disabled
  • Beamforming is disabled
  • QoS is disabled
  • Set Device Connection preferences for stationary devices to the closest Deco
  • Set Device Connection preferences to always connect to 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz
  • Disabled Mesh Technology for stationary devices
  • Run Network Optimization daily
  • Restart the network daily 

Initially I did have the system setup via AP mode where the network ran through my old Century Link modem first. I experienced the same connection delay issue I am having now. When I switched over to Wi-Fi Router mode with a direct connection I did a full reset of the Deco system so that it could be setup fresh. Probably irrelevant to the issue at hand, but after switching from AP mode to Router I no longer receive Connection Alert push notifications from the Deco app, even thgough the notification setting is turned on (although they do appear in messages).  

I'm at my witts end with this one and the return policy just expired. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Options
14 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Pro - Known Devices Take a Long Time to Connect to WiFi
2023-12-31 10:41:46

@daniel23 

You are worried about the time it takes for a rebooted device to connect to the wifi network, is it correct?

Do you observe a similar delay when you disable/enable the wifi interface on those devices?

Options
2024-01-23 18:48:33

@yves_b Thank you for your reply. You bring up a good point in something I've been noticing. I'll use my laptop as an example. I power it down when I'm done using it. If I'm powering it on for the first time that day, it takes a good minute to connect to the WiFi. If I power it down and then turn it back on within a couple hours, it will connect to WiFi right away. Same thing if I toggle WiFi off and back on. But after sitting off for say, overnight or while I'm at work for an 8 hour shift, it will once again take a long time to connect. Same scenario with my TVs and other devices. I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was rebooting the system every night, but I turned off that feature and it made no difference for this issue. 

yves_b wrote

@daniel23 

You are worried about the time it takes for a rebooted device to connect to the wifi network, is it correct?

Do you observe a similar delay when you disable/enable the wifi interface on those devices?

Options
2024-04-11 19:58:45

Dear readers,

I am actually experiencing the same issue with both my Dell laptops, on an x60 setup.

Weirdly enough I do not have this issue on my Lenovo laptop, nor any of my mobile devices.

Any similar issues around? Or any possible solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Options
2024-05-29 18:32:02

@daniel23 

I just installed the XE75 Pros and I have the same problem, Samsung TV, Macbook, iphone, etc..  so far it happens on all my devices.  On a different note, all my Ring devices stopped working at the same time, now none will connect back.  Going to have to replace these devices if support is unable to fix this issue soon.

Options
2024-06-12 07:37:11 - last edited 2024-06-12 07:39:40

I am having the exact same issue with VX1800. My phone and other ON devices have no issue. But when I turn on my laptop after a long time, it takes 2 minutes to connect. I hope a solution will be provided

Options
2024-06-22 17:24:00

I have the same problem with my Deco W3600 devices.  I have 2 Lenovo laptops (Yoga and Ideapad) that take up to minutes to connect when i boot them up.  They run Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Options
2024-06-27 09:05:57

@daniel23 I'm curious if this is firmware related, I have 3 XE75's but my firmware's 1.2.5 and I'm not seeing the issue. Perhaps rollback the firmware? 🤔

Options
2024-08-21 14:12:55

@daniel23 

I have the same problem. I had my 2024 Dell Alienware PC connected to a low end Wifi 6 TP Link router earlier this year and it took forever to connect upon booting (I always shut down the PC at night). Then when connecting to the eero Pro 6 mesh router at my house with the same PC, I had no problems at all. Then I upgraded the eero Pro 6 to a Deco Wifi 7 mesh sytem and the problem came back and seems worse. If I bring my work Dell Laptop home which is not powered down, just closed, the next morning it takes forever to connect; and then it will say connected, but it will take even longer for the VPN to connect.

Options
3 недель назад

I'm experiencing the exact same issue from computers on the network, it doesn't seem to affect my cell phone but the phone is always connected so it seems to be "pre-known".

I have a Dell laptop that would take a good 2-3 minutes to get the internet. Wifi seems to connect but there's no internet signal for whatever reason.

I have the same problem from my desktop linked with a NETGEAR Nighthawk 6E dongle.

Once connected I get my internet link max speed but the delay is killing me every time I turn on one of the computers.

I tried turning off the QoS to see if that would make any difference but it did not.

Hopefully, tp-link will find this thread and propose a fix.

Options
3 недель назад

@daniel23 

I encourage all participants in this thread to follow the instructions outlined in the following link: 

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/694474?page=1

If you currently have an open support ticket, please proceed directly to step #5.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1421

Replies: 14

Related Articles