Deco XE75 Pro - Known Devices Take a Long Time to Connect to WiFi

Deco XE75 Pro - Known Devices Take a Long Time to Connect to WiFi

14 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Pro - Known Devices Take a Long Time to Connect to WiFi
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I discovered that some devices don't play nice if security is set on WPA2/WPA3. So those devices I separated into a lot network on WPA2. No major issues except some lag when connecting to my deco x55. Not sure if this might help customers with Deco XE75 Pro. 

Edit: It's the tv channel that I watch which takes awhile to load.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Wi-Fi-25 That is, indeed, one of the benefits of a separate IOT wifi network: the possibility to configure more relaxed security settings for some devices.

Options
2 weeks ago

@daniel23 

I have the X90 and experience the same problem with my new Dell Laptop (Windows 11). On a cold boot (eg. laptop not used since the day before) it can take over a minute for the laptop to connect to the Deco WIFI. On a rebooot, the laptop will connect immediately. I have not noticed this problem when my laptop connects from a cold boot to other networks. I have spend ages trying to find the solution. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Options
a week ago

@Buff-man 

Having spent ages troubleshooting why my laptop takes ages to connect to my Deco X90 on a cold startup (not a reboot), the solution appears to be to create on my laptop a static IP address. Happy to provide instructions if anyone wants.

Options
Related Articles