Can a Single Unit Improve WiFi Signal Reach? (TP-Link Deco AXE5400 / Deco XE75)

2023-12-25 23:41:29 - last edited 2023-12-26 02:02:06
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a 3rd Deco XE75 unit I don't need (after buying a 3-pack, I only needed 2 of them for my home). The use of the 2 units has resolved an issue with wifi coverage/reach in my home. I'm curious if the 3rd is usable on its own to extend wifi coverage/reach.

My parents' have an AT&T U-Verse 5031NV Modem/Router. Their home, almost the same size as mine suffers from the same/similar wifi signal "reach" issue in certain places.Therefore, my question is: Could using this 3rd unit as a single, standalone router/modem replacement, (in passthrough, just like I did but with their modem instead) improve their wifi signal over their current router? Or is wifi signal "reach" only improved when you have 2 Deco units set up (like I have in my home)? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can a Single Unit Improve WiFi Signal Reach? (TP-Link Deco AXE5400 / Deco XE75)
2023-12-27 08:47:23

@timlah79 Hi, welcome to the community.

The third unit could be used as a single, standalone router replacement.

But I think a single unit might not be enough since the first main unit needs to be connected to ISP modem/modem router  via an Ethernet cable all the time. So its wireless coverage would almost overlap the original coverage of  AT&T U-Verse 5031NV.

A wireless range extender will be better in this case.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/range-extender/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Related Articles