P9 Connectivity in Access Point Mode

2024-01-04 02:06:27
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Current as of 1/24

I have a complex Deco network setup using different Deco models in my house and two P9 units in a separate outbuilding about 50 feet away.  The outbuilding has four rooms and the electric wiring for the building goes back to a common panel but not the same breaker.  Overall network performance is good but one nagging problem exists with the outbuilding.

Problem:  While the two P9s in the outbuilding are providing good signal coverage within that particular structure, the Deco network map shows each of the two P9s connected to two different Deco nodes in/on the main house.  One is connecting to a Deco M5 in a main house bedroom while the other P9 is connecting to a Deco X-50 outdoor node..  The network map shows no WiFi or Powerline WiFi connection between the two P9s.  I've read several discussions which suggest that the two P9s should be connecting to each other both wirelessly  and by Powerline but the network map shows each connected only to separate main house nodes.  Should I reasonably expect the P9s to connect to one another?  Any suggestions for resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:P9 Connectivity in Access Point Mode
2024-01-05 08:17:32

@AggieAlum 

Hi, can you share some screenshots of the network map on the Deco APP:

6955ada6c8c24923be068aa0281cee47

If we wish there is a Powerline Backhaul between Deco P9 units, we might need to set Deco P9 as the main Deco.

So if both P9 are satellite units, the two units don't always need to connect to each other, and they will connect to other satellite Deco units nearby.

General Questions about the Powerline or PLC Backhaul Feature of Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:P9 Connectivity in Access Point Mode
2024-01-07 11:44:34

@AggieAlum Each satellite Deco connects to only one other Deco, and the Deco are expected to be clever enough to make the optimal choice, and to adjust when needed.

If the two P9 were connected together via wifi and/or Powerline, that would prevent one of the P9 to use a wifi connection to a Deco in/on the main house.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 2

Related Articles