XE75 and IOT- with smart home devises
XE75 and IOT- with smart home devises
2024-01-04 16:36:45
Tags: #IOT
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am new to TP link.  I have had a smart home for a few year (just a few devises all working with Apple Homekit).  I recently received a XE75 2-pack as a gift.  In setting it up I found out that the IOT network was for smart home devises.  I installed all of my switches, fans ect and the home pod minis (apple hubs) on that network.  All other devises like TV's, Ipads and Iphones are on the other (main-network).  I am not able to work the smart home from my iphone without being on tha IOT network very effectivly, in fact, we are not even able to play apple music from our phones to the home pods.  Siri informs us that we are not on the same network.

What have I done wrong?  I do not pretend to be al that knowledgeable about these things, I usually play around with them until they work.  I thought this time I would ask the ones that might know about this for guidance.

Hope I have not confused you to much, I appreciate your time and consideration.

Chris

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 and IOT- with smart home devises
2024-01-05 07:25:45

@BigBoySooners 

Hi, there is no network isolation between IOT and the main network. Do you use different SSIDs on the IOT network?

I wonder whether Safari considers networks with different names "not the same network".

Did it help if you temporarily changed the main network SSID to the same as the IOT network?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:XE75 and IOT- with smart home devises
2024-01-05 17:12:42

@David-TP David, thanks for your reply...  I think the answer to your question is yes...  I had to look up what an SSID was, so that lets you know my knowledge level in this subject. lol  My network is call Wu...LAN and the other one is Wu...LAN_IOT.  This router set this up when I answered if I wanted a IOT option on the network.  I have not attempted to change the name of the main network due to the warning on my phone when the Wu...LAN_IOT (Weak security).  I welcome your thoughts...

Thanks,

Chris

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 162

Replies: 2

Tags

IOT
Related Articles