Unable to connect to some WIRED - Help with ip address issues and connectivity problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to connect to some WIRED - Help with ip address issues and connectivity problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-07 00:14:50
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 build 20230726 rel. 68630

I started with a Netgear Cable Modem CM1100 (dynamic ip).  I had/have a Linksys EA7450 Wireless router with 5 ethernet ports.  I recently purchased a TP-Link Deco W7200 AX3600 set.

(My Home is ethernet hard wired to Directv boxes, printers, and a Philips Hue Hub)

I originally set it up as follows: Optimum internet Cable connection to Netgear CM1100 modem (Dynamic ip), ethernet from Netgear Modem to main Deco, ethernet out of Deco to linksys router. (I disabled wi-fi and DHCP on the Linksys router.)

The issues that I have run into is that my iphone will no longer find my HP Printer (ethernet connected), My Directv boxes have no internet connection.

Using the Linksys App on my phone I can still see my router and connected devices (only wired connections).  I can see all wireless connections on my Deco including ONE wired connection, which is my linksys router.

I turned DHCP back on in my Linksys router and now my directv boxes have internet again. I still cannot connect to my printer.  

While I am not a complete newbie - I am new to "mesh" systems and all of the lingo.

I would appreciate any help or support

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to some WIRED - Help with ip address issues and connectivity problems
2024-01-07 11:25:40

@SeptemberC 

I assume your printer is connected to the Linksys router.

I assume the Deco operation mode is "Router", the default.

What are the local IP addresses of a device connected to the Deco and a device connected to the Linksys router?  That should be visible in the Deco and Linksys apps.

I believe you have to change the configuration of either the Deco, either the Linksys, to let them work in "Access Point" mode.
I suggest doing that on the Linksys.  If I read well, they call it "bridge mode".  https://www.linksys.com/support-article?articleNum=137888  You an choose the "DHCP" option for the IP address of the router.

If you want to do that on the Deco, this is via the "Advanced" setting, under "Operation Mode".

Options
Re:Unable to connect to some WIRED - Help with ip address issues and connectivity problems
2024-01-07 15:47:10

@yves_b 

Luckily I have resolved my issues.  Unfortunately I didn't write down all of those ip addresses down.  (They started off with 10.xxx.xx) The router I was using (EA7450), I had turned off DHCP and the WAN.  I was having the same issues even when I used a netgear switch.

I resolved my issue by using and old Linksys Router EA7300 that had the option to set up as "bridge mode".  I turned off all devices. Current set up is Cable modem ---- Deco--- Linksys (EA7300).  Powered them back up in that order, then started powering up all other devices in my home.  Now it works flawlessly.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 2

Related Articles