Deco X20 Disabling Firewall

2024-02-03 00:39:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I'm having issues with a specific game and have contacted their support about it. The disconnects seems to be occurring because of packet loss. In order to diagnose and try to narrow down the cause of packet loss they suggested I temporarily disable the firewall or use DMZ to see if the issues persists. As far as I know, DMZ is not an available feature but would it be possible to disable the firewall to see if certain router protections are what's causing the packet loss?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Disabling Firewall
2024-02-04 08:32:46

@ChickenWang 

Hi, May I know what is this specific game? Have they ever told you what traffic or packers might be blocked?

There isn't a separate option to turn off the Firewall on the Deco X20.

But if you have another ISP modem router ahead of Deco X20 in the network, you could set Deco X20 into Access Point:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-05 00:43:01

@David-TP 

Hello, the specific game is for Warframe, I don't think they've informed me what traffic or packers might be blocked, they may be trying to deduce that right now. Unfortunately, I do not have another ISP modem router ahead of the Deco X20, just a modem and the Deco is my router.

Options
2024-02-06 09:59:01

@ChickenWang 

Hi, Do you play Warframe on the Microsoft Windows、PlayStation 4 or something else? Is it connected to Deco X20 via an Ethernet cable?

Personally I don't think it is related to the firewall settings on the Deco. If possible, you could wire the laptop or PS directly to ISP modem, bypassing Deco to see whether you would still get packet loss.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3

Related Articles