Archer AX55 Pro - Consistent Router Malfunction Every Day at Same Time

2024-02-17 23:58:52
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230803 rel.35127(4555)

Hello,

I'm encountering an odd issue with my Archer AX55 Pro. For the past week, at roughly the same time every evening (~22:30 GMT), my router appears to experience a malfunction of some sorts. Internet connectivity is completely lost, across all devices (wired and wireless). The router also stops being detectable within the Tether app, and trying to connect to the router via 192.168.0.1 yields no results (the page just endlessly loads before timing out). The light that indicates internet connectivity goes out during this time. The only solution is to unplug the router, wait 15 seconds, and then plug it back in, at which point it reconnects to the internet and behaves as normal (only to disconnect once again roughly 24 hours later). If I check the system logs after this, there is nothing that coincides with the time at which internet connectivity is lost.

I am certain this is not an ISP issue, and there appears to be no faults with the incoming internet connection or my ISP-provided router (which is operating in Modem mode).

This router has been in operation since 01/12/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY), and has performed flawlessly up until this last week. I noticed the firmware was out of date, and so have updated the firmware to the latest version: 1.2.2 Build 20230803 rel.35127(4555). However, this has not solved the issue, and the consistent disconnects continue to happen.

I've noticed that issues like this have been reported numerous times on this forum, for example this post: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/609452?sortDir=ASC&page=10, but these were reported some months ago. Is there any progress on this issue, or a reliable solution I can implement? Failing that, I think would have no choice but to pursue a return as the device is faulty.

If the solution presented is some sort of janky beta firmware as I've seen in many other posts reporting similar issues with the AX55, I would need some written assurance that the firmware is stable and that using it would not void warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 110

Replies: 0

Related Articles