Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800

2024-03-07 22:35:39
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231117 rel.33787(5553)

I moved all my IoT/Smarthome devices to the IoT 2.4G network named IOT_PE_HOME on the BE800,

I have 2 extenders, one RE650 in Mesh setup extends the MainHome 2.4/5G network and a RE300 to the upper floor.for theIOT_PE_HOME network with only the 2.4G band turned on

The issue I keep seeing is that several of the Kasa/TP light switches I have throughout the home lose connection at random times. They end up re-connnecting again but that is a completely different behavior for what I was seing ont he AX3200 with the same extenders.

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800
2024-03-08 18:10:35

Hey @mkostersitz,

Do you happen to remember if the REs were also used in a mesh configuration when you had the AX3200?

Recently, REs have received a number of updates adding compatibility and features - make sure that you are using the same firmware version as the version listed on our product's download page.

You could consider changing the name of the RE's IOT network - it may be that the switches/devices are moving between router and Range Extender because they are using the same credentials, causing the disconnect.

I recommend trying to set reservations for the devices, just to try to provide a guaranteed path for them. Unfortunately, it could be caused by a few things, so you would need to troubleshoot a bit further.

How often do the devices disconnect? How long does it take for the devices to reconnect to the network?

Do any other devices see the behavior?

Does the disconnect only happen to devices that are connected to the network through the Range Extender?

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800
2024-03-08 19:48:28

@Riley_S 

Hi Riley,

yes the REs were also in a Mesh configuration, just on the main SSID no IoT separation with the AX3200.

I did update both REs and there is no new software for the HW version I have.

Renaming the IoT REs extended network you mean? I can try that. Would I also better enable the DHCP server then on the IoT RE?

I will go and add reservations for these devices to make sure they alw

The devices that experience this behavior disconnect a few times a day. The devices impacted are Ring cameras, door bell and TP-Link switches, outlets and Lightbulbs. They usually reconnect within 30 minutes. It does happen to devices connected to the IoT network, Router or extender seems not to make a difference. I unplugged the extender and the devices close to the routher (10-40 feet) also experienced the same issue.

Other devices do not experience the same issue. 

Mike

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options