Automatic reboot of the Deco X50-5G when there is no Internet connection.

2024-03-13 12:37:46
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.14

Good morning!

I have a Deco X50-5G and I would like to have a function that automatically checks the Internet connection.

If there is no connection, it should automatically reboot the router. After rebooting, it would periodically check the connection and if the check fails, it would reboot again. This functionality would be very useful to keep the router always connected. Sometimes, especially at night, the signal strength from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) decreases and I cannot do it manually.

If it is not possible to implement this directly in the Deco X50-5G, would it be feasible to enable access to be able to reboot the router from a Raspberry Pi Zero connected to the network using a Python script?

Thank you for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Automatic reboot of the Deco X50-5G when there is no Internet connection.
2024-03-13 17:11:31

Hey @corsario,

We do not currenltly deal with 5G Decos in the US, except through providers - so you may be able to get a better answer on our global forums.

Based on my experience with the Deco Line,

- The Decos should check for a renewed internet connection after the WAN goes out, I would assume this would apply to the 5G connection also.

- Some of our Decos now offer a "Reboot Schedule" option, but this is model-dependent, and I am not sure about 5G Models compatibility

- We normally try to avoid recommending excessive or repetitive reboots due to the fact that this then causes the devices on your network to disconnect.

Options
Re:Automatic reboot of the Deco X50-5G when there is no Internet connection.
2024-03-14 16:13:43

@Riley_S,  thank you very much for your prompt response and insightful comments.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and it was a pleasure interacting with you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 117

Replies: 2

Related Articles