5Ghz channel stuck in 100mbps mode after changing mesh setting

2024-03-17 18:50:38
Model: Archer BE9300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After switching mesh setting, the BE9300 5Ghz wifi got stuck in 100mbps mode.  Even hard rebooting  wont get out of it.  The only way to break out of this was to turn off the 5Ghz > save > turn on 5GHz > save.  Then everything was back to normal. 

Also, Easymesh mode (without any satellites) is not working with my son's very old Samsung tablet.  It keeps disconnecting and the signal seems weaker.  Onemesh mode works on all old devices and much stronger signal.  Firmware needs some work!  Other than that, i like this BE9300!

Options
2 Reply
Re:5Ghz channel stuck in 100mbps mode after changing mesh setting
2024-03-25 10:28:52

@Dmd85059 

Hi, by the 5G WiFi stuck in 100Mbps, do you mean wireless link speed or actual internet speed? what about the wired and 2.4G speed, or 5G speed before you enabling mesh?

In addition, there should be only an EasyMesh switch on the router, how did you tell EasyMesh or OneMesh mode?

Options
Re:5Ghz channel stuck in 100mbps mode after changing mesh setting
2024-03-27 11:24:08

It seems that everything involving wifi settings like turning on WPS,  changing wireless mode from Easymesh to Onemesh using the app, or even turning off wifi using the wifi schedule will result in this issue.  When this happened, the 5ghz channel would get stuck in 100mbps mode that even hard rebooting or turning off the router wouldnt get it out.  Speedtest.net would report download speed of less than 100mnps and up speed of like 20mbps or less (I have a 500mbps plan up and down) so it looks very much like it got stuck in 100mbps mode internally!  The internet negotiating speed still reported a 1000 connection however.  I'm using a Samsung S22 phone and using speedtest.net app to test.  When this happened, i would have to turn off the 5ghz channel>save>then turn on>save and it would be back to normal. This is repeatable 100% of the times and very annoying.  Please fix this bug!  Tks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 2

Related Articles