Spamhaus is black listing my emails

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I keep getting messages from org called spamhous that says something in my network is part of a proxy network sending spam directly to the internet using port 25 . I can not find this devide have blocked port 25 on all the computers I have and still gets flagged. Spamhaus syas that is a solution it could be on a android device or soem smart device. I have no clue.   Is there any way to block port 25 on the deco router?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Spamhaus is black listing my emails
2 weeks ago

@flretirednerd 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is suggested to check the following settings first:

1. UPNP has been disabled under Deco APP>More>advanced>NAT forwarding.

2. No port forwarding rule has been configured for port 25.

After that, please go to Deco APP>More>Deco lab>WiFi Assistant>Open port check, and input the LAN IP of Deco, such as 192.168.68.1; then test what are the open post listed here.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP thank you for your support I disabled upnp as suggested I found no port forwarding and when cheking the router only open ports were 80 443 1900 and 20001 but got flaggged and blacklisted again today. 

my internet provider is a new fiber service in my area, I connected my decox20 myself it was previouly used with specturm I reset the router and connected to the modem and ran the auto setup, took a while but statrted working

Now I just looked and see a wierd configuration, my external ip address shows as 104.234.87.92 that is the one getting flagged by smaphaus but when I look at my main deco x20 it says the following

Internet con type: Dynamic IP

IP address: 100.73.7.63

submet mask: 255.255.252.0

default gateway: 100.73.4.1 

Primary DNS: 104.234.87.50

secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

my actual PC has the normal 192.168.68.78 as do all other devices on the network except the main deco. Has my router has been compromised?! Shouldn't the deco have 192.168.68.x type addresses? any idea how do I fix this? 

thanks again,

Ken

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@flretirednerd Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

100.73.xxx.xxx is a reserved IP or private IP address which means there is one more router/NAT in front of Deco, or the new ISP might use CG-NAT service.

For more details, you could refer to:Double NAT

The LAN IP address of Deco under Deco APP>More>Advanced>LAN IP would be 192.168.68.xxx.

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@flretirednerd 

I believe the "something in my network" is rather something else in the network of your new ISP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 85

Replies: 4

Related Articles