tl-wr840n bandwith control and channel

a week ago - last edited a week ago

i have 2 tl840n in my home, one upstairs (route mode) and one downstairs (AP mode), however there are many interference from many devices such as my one neighbour wifi which has 4 wifi ( all of them are tplink and probably on default auto mode at 40mhz ) and my isp router which I can't get the admin login acess to switch to bridge mode.

does controlling / lowering bandwith usage, eg : from 10Mbps to 5 Mbps affect the signal penetration strength

also how does the auto mode on the channeling works, because of the interferences inconsistency from neighbour wifi auto mode I sometimes had to use the channel 10-13, and it seemed to me that setting it to auto mostly brings you up to channel 6, which is where usually the channel most interference, so how does auto mode works?

Options
2 Reply
Re:tl-wr840n bandwith control and channel
a week ago

@KappaLenny 

You can set your WR840N signal penetration strength from here:

9402fac02a0d4fe1906d3fc49acd8794

If the Auto selecting the wireless channel doesn't work for you as expected - select the channel manually.

You can use an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer to scan the wireless channels and select manually the least crowded channel.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:tl-wr840n bandwith control and channel
a week ago

@KappaLenny 

You might try setting your Wi.Fi channel manually.  There are apps, such as Wifi Tool, that will show you what channels are in use in your immediate area.  In another locality where I had a similar problem, I selected a channel that appeared to have the least number of signals between those available (preferably 1, 6, or 11).  As the majority of users let their routers select channels automatically, they will eventually avoid your Wifi channel and cause less interference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 53

Replies: 2

Related Articles