Archer AXE75 firmware V1.2.0 update not showing on US support page

2024-05-12 03:36:44 - last edited 2024-05-12 03:44:06

@kevin @KevinC  @Carl @Carl2  Hi, as i can see on global TP-Link support page firmware V.1.2.0 has already been added with easymesh functionality. I had only bought this router so i can use easymesh fuction to create ethernet backhaul. Why there is no update on US support page? When will it be available. 

Hardware version- V1.0

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AXE75 firmware V1.2.0 update not showing on US support page
2024-05-14 18:36:30

@Mr_Geek 

I understand your concerns however its not recommended to buy a product for a feature it does not yet have. Even if you are basing the feature off of infromation from a different region, it is still not recommended.  As in a case like this we do not know if or when this feature will be extended to the US version of the Archer AXE75.  I can see 1.2.0 on the EU site but that is the only region that currently has this feature.  New update are made available every Friday so all we can say is to keep checking the US site regularly.  

Additonally the other 3 tagged in this message are not TP-Link Employees.  You can direct questions requiring offical answers to myself or @Riley_S  for the US and @Kevin_Z  for Global.  

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2024-05-15 06:26:29

@Carl Thanks for the update, there is one more question if all regions shares the same hardware( in my case V1.0) can i just update EU firmware in US version? Or will it cause any issue? 

Options
2024-05-15 20:57:21

@Mr_Geek 

Regrettably no.  The software is regionally based, and your system should be locked to that specific region.  Loading or attempting to load a FW for another region could result in a bricked device.  Additionally, loading another region's FW, even if it's official, does void the product's warranty, so we strongly advise against it; one of the factors for this is that wireless frequency regulations vary by region, so what is possible in one area may not be in another.  

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2024-05-21 12:45:51

Has TP-Link announced when we will have the 1.2.0 update? I really need EasyMesh for my current setup. I needed an outdoor repeater and TP-Link doesn't make one for this router that works with OneMesh, so I went with a WavLink. It supports EasyMesh, so I need that firmware update to have everything running how I would like it.

Options
2024-05-21 12:52:29

@CEOTheNetwork Seems like V1.2.0 is exclusive for EU region. So no idea if there will be any update for US region. 

Options
2024-05-25 02:26:28

@Mr_Geek it looks like Canada also has the 1.2 firmware. Does anyone know if that one will work to add easymesh? 

Not sure why the largest purchaser of Tp-link products, the USA, is having to wait on this feature. 

Tp-link - this will have an effect on folks buying your products next go round. I already had to buy a different brand repeater for outdoors after investing in a Tp-link router and repeater for indoors because Tp-link doesn't make an outdoor repeater for the AXE-75.

Come on, at least give us access to a beta. 

Options