adding new main router.

adding new main router.

adding new main router.
adding new main router.
2024-06-21 06:26:52

Recently setup a Deco XE70 pro mesh system and it is working great.  The devices only have one 2.5 Gbps port and I would like to have another 2.5 port on the main router to network to an unmanaged switch so that devices with great than gigabit bandwidth can take advantage of the 1.25 Gig internet coming in.  It appears that all Deco routers are compatible with one another.  I assume the wifi will only be wifi 6E as that is all the XE70 system will handle.  That would not be a problem.   Is there anything I am missing and/or has anyone done similar and can advise of problems experienced.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:adding new main router.
2024-06-21 18:48:38

@mwebb 

Adding Decos to an existing network is very easy and straightforward.  Open the app, click on "+," choose the new model, and follow the on-screen steps.  Changing what model is as easy as clicking on one of the decos in the main screen map and choosing set as main.  

While all Decos are cross compatible we do recommend making sure that they same similar feature sets for example since you already have the Deco XE70 Pro you would want to choose another model that has WiFi6e or WiFi7 compatiblity.  This way all Deco nodes have the same bands and similar feature sets. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 1

Related Articles