X55 latest firmware prevents 2.4ghz connections

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco X50 main router with a connected X55 (hardware version 1.26). I just updated the firmware for the X55 a few days ago, and ever since the update, all of my 2.4ghz only devices will no longer connect to the network. The 5ghz devices remain connected though. If I remove the X55 from the Deco network, all of those 2.4ghz devices regain connection to the network.

I have reset the X55, I have done the firmware recovery method, and every time I add the X55 back into the Deco network, the 2.4ghz devices simultaneously drop and will not reconnect even if I tell the devices to forget the network. If I look at the Deco app, it shows 5ghz devices connected to the X55, so it's not like it isn't completely broken.

When doing the firmware recovery, the X55 model is required to install the oldest version first before upgrading to a preferred version. I had tried 3 different versions of firmware, but none of them have corrected/reverted the issue. I believe the X55 is just toast at this point.

For the time being, I have removed the X55 from network so my devices can continue. Unfortunately I'm now limited to one "access point" which means some of my clients have a weaker signal.

Any thoughts?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 32

Replies: 0

Related Articles