Backhaul to Satellite goes to Wifi, and then main deco turns red when disconnecting to switch

Backhaul to Satellite goes to Wifi, and then main deco turns red when disconnecting to switch

2024-07-14 13:31:49
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148

I do not see harware version printed anywhere on lable...

I woke up w/out internet with the primary unit displaying red, so I rebooted it, see figure-1.  

after rebooting, the satellite unit on the other side of the switch went to a wifi based connection, and my internet speed was 10% of what I am expecting (50MBPS vs 500+ MBPS), see figure 2.

So as I have been dealing with odd wifi connections in the past (one of the reasons I have the office unit not go through the switch) I was going to disconnect the switch and what was weird was that the main unit turned red, even though it is directly connected to the modem, see figure 3.

At that point I turned off the satellite unit that was causing issues, powered cycled the main unit ensured that it turned green, verified speed from my office and everything was at 500-600MBPS.  I then reconnected the switch and then powered on the satellite unit -- all is fine now.

However, what happened to cause the main unit to be using the satellite unit as a conduit to get back to the modem? 

I shouldn't have to worry about power on order and such -- I want my network to be able to be easily used by may family when I'm not at home; but ever since I upgraded to firmware 1.2 I have had even more of these issues.

figure 1

b94487f59c71451ba2dca5bb8bfae9d4

figure 2

c58fc83ae0a943239a2ca49e391a5720

figure 3

4aebbafe4afb46b59f6eeb57275d024f

Options