Deco Mesh (X90's and X68's) System Integration with Starlink Gen 3 System

2024-07-14 22:07:09
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hello, 

I just ordered a Starlink Gen 3 system. I have a current Deco Mesh system with a X90 acting as the main router, and another X90 and 2, X68's acting as satellites throughout the house.

My current ISP is insufficient, thus the Starlink switch. 

I understand the physical hookups for the Starlink Gen 3 router and the Deco Main router. I also understand that you need to put the Starlink router in bypass mode. 

At that point, what do I have to do on my Deco app to get up and running? 

I have 50 plus smart devices on my current network. If I unplug my current ISP's equipment (modem) and then plug the Starlink ethernet cable into the main Deco x90, what do I need to do? 

Do I have to delete the old network and start over? Can I do that with the same SSID and password when hooked up to the Starlink router in bypass. 

Can I just configure the current network to somehow "recognize" the new ISP that is Starlink and proceed?

Help please. 

Thank you. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh (X90's and X68's) System Integration with Starlink Gen 3 System
2024-07-15 02:58:23

@Talon61 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think there is no need to delete the previous Deco Mesh network.

After installing the Starlink Gen 3 and putting the Starlink router into Bypass mode, you could just plug the previous main Deco X90 into the Starlink Gen 3 router and it should be plug-and-play.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-15 03:11:30

@David-TP  that's great news. I was hoping that would be the case. 

I"ll go ahead and finalize this thread once I get my system in and get to that point so that maybe others who are also getting the Gen 3 Starlink system can have some guidance available. 

Should be here next week. 

Thanks again. 

Options
2024-07-21 20:32:45

Just wanted to close the loop here. I installed my Gen 3 Starlink system and all you have to do it enter bypass mode on the Starlink app, plug your Deco into the back of the Gen 3 Starlink router, and all is well. 

Crazy fast speeds for us up in the foothills compared to the awful over the air "broadband" we have had for years. 

Hope this helps folks in the future. 

Options