AX21 - Router crashes every 12 hours or so - SOLVED (solution inside)

2024-07-16 02:59:27 - last edited 2024-08-05 19:58:14
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

I've noticed that after usage for about 6 to 12 hours, my AX21 router becomes unresponsive to any network communication - wired or wireless. It just stops working until I reset it.

This isn't a major issue, but it is worrisome. I have the latest version of the firmware, and tried reverting it to the version that came with the device out of the box, but I can't seem to upload the older version of the firmware to the device from my computer, even with a hardline connection. Logs are lost after the router reboots. I don't know what to do here.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX21 - Router crashes every 12 hours or so-Solution
2024-08-05 19:57:32 - last edited 2024-08-05 19:58:14

@ArcherC8 I have some odditites to report.

So, moving the router to a different plug didn't seem to work. The router was still doing the crashing thing. I had to leave home for an extended period to help family with things. When I came back, everything was fixed. I don't know how or why, but leaving the router alone for an extended period let it do whatever it needed to do. Maybe it was downloading files and blocking the internet connection as it did so. Maybe it was installing some sort of firmware. I don't know.

So if you face this issue, try leaving the router alone for an extended period of time. How long is that? Can't say. But it's less than the two weeks I was away for. I would say to give it 12 to 48 hours if you can.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:AX21 - Router crashes every 12 hours or so
2024-07-16 03:00:15 - last edited 2024-07-16 03:01:21

I forgot to mention this is a brand new device - I just purchased it in the last 30 days.

I did perform a factory reset on it already, and while that seems to have made things more stable, it didn't resolve the issue.

Options
2024-07-16 21:06:41

@Inglonias 

Power can sometimes cause these type of issues. Some things to check:

Are you using the power adaper that came with the router? Plugs may be the same but amps may be different.

Are you using a UPS? If not, it can be your power such as a power spike from some other device. Try a different outlet on a different curcuit. If you have a UPS, try without it as when the battery gets very weak, it can cause power issues.

Do you have anything in the USB ports. If they draw to much power, they can cause issues.

Try disconnecting Ethernet devices that are connected to the router to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know if you find it.

Options
2024-07-16 23:20:07

@ArcherC8 I am using the power supply that came with the router. The router is on the power strip built into my desk, and I did need to squeeze the power supply a little to fit it into the socket. I think you're onto something. I will try to change where the router is plugged in.

Options
Re:AX21 - Router crashes every 12 hours or so-Solution
2024-08-05 19:57:32 - last edited 2024-08-05 19:58:14

@ArcherC8 I have some odditites to report.

So, moving the router to a different plug didn't seem to work. The router was still doing the crashing thing. I had to leave home for an extended period to help family with things. When I came back, everything was fixed. I don't know how or why, but leaving the router alone for an extended period let it do whatever it needed to do. Maybe it was downloading files and blocking the internet connection as it did so. Maybe it was installing some sort of firmware. I don't know.

So if you face this issue, try leaving the router alone for an extended period of time. How long is that? Can't say. But it's less than the two weeks I was away for. I would say to give it 12 to 48 hours if you can.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 4

Related Articles