Shell Commands

Shell Commands

Shell Commands
Shell Commands
2024-07-20 01:09:58
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20240325 rel.39241(5553)

I have recently bought a TP-Link Archer AX73 v1 and I was semi-aware of what I was getting myself into, everything besides the Broadcom chip. OpenWRT or DD-WRT is not fully needed, though. I believe that the TP-Link management within the webUI combined with the app is pretty sophisticated already, especially for who I purchased this router for, which would be my parents who are not that tech savvy. However, I'm looking for a bit of a challenge out of pure curiosity to execute shell commands on this router.

I found this exploit from this OpenWRT forum post that allows telnet connections through modifying the backup file. However, according to the timeline, 27.05.2022 - Tp-Link released firmware with fixed vulnerability. If my assumption is correct, this means that my firmware of 1.3.6 Build 20240325 rel.39241(5553) will not be compatible with this exploit. The main reason I am making a post to this forum is because I'm hoping to find an archive of their firmware so I can download one before May 27th, 2022 as the earliest firmware on the official download page was published on 2023-06-08. I'm not trying to manage the router from outside of my network without a proxy connection, but I am just trying to gain control over the shell within it. Any insight is also appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Shell Commands
2024-07-23 10:53:42 - last edited 2024-07-23 15:39:48

@CelestialVeil 

The router is not meant to be managed by a telnet connection. If you put an outdated FW on the device it can become vulnerable to other exploits as well.

On top of that some new FW versions do not allow to downgrade the FW version once updated.

Having pointed all these cautions - here's an Archer AX73(US)_V1_211222.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Shell Commands
2024-07-23 14:02:05

@CelestialVeil 

What are you trying to do that you need to get into the router f/w to do?

You can set all Router's I think to allow REMOTE Web GUI access, and the Tether app works everywhere?

Most router's I've seen/used have more 'power' via the Web GUI that the Tether app though? For instance, on the one I'm using now, I can't see the LOG in the Tether app but can in the Web GUI. On my router in the Web GUI I'd need to go to the ADVANCED-->Management, REMOTE ACCESS page and enable it though.

================

Remote Management

Access and manage the router over the internet.

Note: Remote Management is not supported when you are connected to the internet only via IPv6. If you want to use Remote Management, please make sure you have set up an IPv4 connection first.

Remote Management
Enabled

================

Options