Second profile appeared under USB NAS sharing

2024-07-22 17:11:27
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.6 Build 20230907 rel.65510(5553)

All of a sudden my USB drive I used as a NAS stopped being able to be written to. Under USB sharing I noticed theres a "deluxxxe2" profile which I cant edit or delete.

What am I missing here? How can I edit and delete the second profile? I am able to read/write to drive using deluxxxe2 but not deluxxxe

4c9ada2b136e41dc91c332422e1f6271

Options
3 Reply
Re:Second profile appeared under USB NAS sharing
2024-07-23 00:39:32

@deluxxxe 

Just looking at this screenshot all I can say is that its due to the permissions on deluxxe. Currently they have only read access, so while you will be able to view files on the share drive you won't be able to add or remove files.  The other profile deluxxe2 has both read and write.  You can click the modify button next to deluxxe to change the permissions.  As to why a new profile suddenly appeared that would require troubleshooting.  Its not something that should happen without direct access to the router's UI.

Options
2024-07-23 12:46:11

@Carl 

Only thing I can do by hitting EDIT is change the password... Ive tried that

Also, Im logging in with a local password into the router.. not an admin usernname/password... Im wonderin if thats part of the problem but I dont see WHERE to log in with username any more.. just local password!

Options
2024-07-23 15:05:17

@deluxxxe 

TP-Link routers have two possible login options.  1. The local credentials and 2. A TP-Link ID.  The TP-Link ID is only availabe if the router is bound to that cloud account.   The only time access is restricted is when you have specific devices designated as Management devices, If your PC was not one of them then you would have denied access at login. 

For the credentials cocnern.  I see where we might be confused.  I assumed the Deluxxe and Deluxxe2 were the drive names.  But those are actually the credentials.  There are two sets of credentials, one that gives full access to read and write to the drive and the other is just read.  This way if you allow others to access the drive you can give them specific instructions to limied what thay can do on your drive share.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 3

Related Articles