Deco Xe75 Pro no dedicated 6ghz backhaul option

2024-07-23 03:36:46
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231226 Rel. 75366

Hello, I no longer have the ability to configure the 6ghz backhaul option for my XE75 Pro mesh network. Running the latest firmware version and my Deco App is 3.7.83.

When I check the router's WebUI, it only shows the 6ghz as disabled. I have noticed slow connections on my devices and was looking to confirm that the backhaul was still functional when I noticed it was missing.

Options
38 Reply
Re:Deco Xe75 Pro no dedicated 6ghz backhaul option
2024-07-23 18:09:11

@dustindh10 

Same here! Just factory reset my XE75 system and no longer have dedicated 6g backhaul option and can no longer separate my 2g and 5g bands to display separately. Every time I need to change something with this system it ends up in hours of frustration. The app has very poor user control. When I try to get help from customer service they don't know what they're doing and need screenshots of everything. Then they tell you that they need to escalate to higher ups and need to get back to you. This brand is so frustrating. I have reached the end of my road for this brand 

Options
2024-07-24 04:35:16
Same. Extremely frustrating.
Options
2024-07-24 08:19:24 - last edited 2024-07-30 03:01:21

@dustindh10 

@WrenchinForLife 

@Gons 

Hi, The 6GHz band is still used together with the other bands by default to ensure stable connections between Deco Mesh nodes.

The current change is an APP UI optimization in order to maintain a consistent design with the 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi network in the Deco app.

I'm sure it would not cause any performance decline.

So if you need any help addressing the slow connection issue, It is highly suggested to start a new thread with the following details:

1. What are the devices that have a slow connection? How about the current wireless speed?

- Please also refer to this link to check its current wireless link speed- 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2265/

2.  Please also connect a wired desktop to the main Deco XE75 Pro to confirm whether the Ethernet Speed works as expected.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-07-29 14:15:58

@David-TP People buy the more expensive routers specifically for features like 6ghz dedicated back haul, and the granularity of settings options. Why does TP-Link think it a good idea to take those options away from the customer, giving us less information and ultimately making the app more confusing in the name "a consistent design with 2.4/5Ghz"? No one is using the app for its UI or design consistency. We just want an app that is informative and lets us do what we need to do as quickly as possible. At the very least, TP link should add a note like they've added to the Amazon listing stating that 6Ghz functions as a dedicated backhaul by default, even when the app implies the 6Ghz network is turned off.

Options
2024-07-29 17:13:07

KareemPai wrote

@David-TP People buy the more expensive routers specifically for features like 6ghz dedicated back haul, and the granularity of settings options. Why does TP-Link think it a good idea to take those options away from the customer, giving us less information and ultimately making the app more confusing in the name "a consistent design with 2.4/5Ghz"? No one is using the app for its UI or design consistency. We just want an app that is informative and lets us do what we need to do as quickly as possible. At the very least, TP link should add a note like they've added to the Amazon listing stating that 6Ghz functions as a dedicated backhaul by default, even when the app implies the 6Ghz network is turned off.

@KareemPai  Thank you. You said exactly what I was thinking.

Options
2024-07-29 17:14:56

@David-TP Are there release notes for these updates that I can monitor for changes to functionality?

Options
2024-07-31 13:21:26

@David-TP You must get paid very well to hold the compnay line. my XE75 system died after your firmware update. Things are supposed to be escalated but you know what people work from home now. Your brand which was actually a good brand a few years ago seem to be doing down the garbage disposal drain....why after doing a firmware update are people having issues?  My entire network died.....DIED I've contacted customer support twice the 1st time I was told I would get contacted back in 24hrs and on the 27th hour my entire network died I spent 4 hours I should be working trying to fix this terrible product. Reboot not working, Resetting not working...nothing working.  I had to turn my ISP gateway into a wifi router again just to get back online and the reason why I don't use the gateway is because it drops wifi signals all the time.  My wired connections don't even work well after the firmware update.....no offense David but you guys need to show your bosses all these feedbacks because people are really PO'd at what was a good product and popular brand.....Or maybe David you should go work for someone else and not try and stand up for a terrible product and terrible customer support 

Options
2024-07-31 13:53:46

@DBunz 

Amen to that. This brand turned into total garbage. The support ticket replies point me to settings in the app that don't even exist. They don't even know their own product. 

Options
2024-08-07 18:48:56

@WrenchinForLife @DBunz Really disappointed to see support is letting this topic fade in hopes it'll be forgotten. If it's still being dealt with, they could at least pin a topic to the forum. This is making me hesitant about firmware updates on this device. 

Options
2024-08-07 21:52:11

@dustindh10

I've spent a lot of time and money on this toilet paper company. I purchased a system for $1,000, but it's not working. I have six of these systems with internet cables running through my house. Although they are all connected, I'm still experiencing on and off issues. I've reached out to tech support eight times and even did remote connections with them, but the issues persist. I've never had this many problems with a wifi system. I want a refund and will not be purchasing from TP-Stink again.

Options