Deco App reports much slower speed then Speedtest or Fing

2024-07-23 21:38:19 - last edited 2024-07-24 18:28:56
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

When I check the speeds on my laptops hardwired via Cat6 to the Deco Base, I get ~10Mbps down/2.2Mbps up.  That's what I should be getting.  When I run Speedtest on my phone through WiFi, I get 9.5Mbps down/1.9Mbps up, also expected.  But looking at the speeds reported on the Deco app, they're reading 6Kbps down and 7Kbps up.  I don't understand the huge discreptency.  I can stream movies and do intense gaming at the same time so I'm pretty confident my speeds are better than what the Deco app is giving me.

Has anyone else experienced this or know the reason for the major difference between the app speeds and other speed reporting services?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco App reports much slower speed then Speedtest or Fing-Solution
2024-07-24 00:35:51 - last edited 2024-07-24 18:28:56

@XLADLK 

I can understand how this looks.  What these download and upload speeds indicate are the current traffic rates on your network.  To show this what you can do is have the Deco app open and run a speedtest on your PC or start streaming a 4K movie, something that will push traffic.  Yoiu should see a spike in the traffic rate.  

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco App reports much slower speed then Speedtest or Fing-Solution
2024-07-24 00:35:51 - last edited 2024-07-24 18:28:56

@XLADLK 

I can understand how this looks.  What these download and upload speeds indicate are the current traffic rates on your network.  To show this what you can do is have the Deco app open and run a speedtest on your PC or start streaming a 4K movie, something that will push traffic.  Yoiu should see a spike in the traffic rate.  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco App reports much slower speed then Speedtest or Fing
2024-07-24 18:35:37

@Carl Thanks for the reply.  That makes sense; they need to change the labling in the app to better indicate what is being measured.  It certainlly doesn't say that's what's being shown. frown

Options
Re:Deco App reports much slower speed then Speedtest or Fing
2024-07-25 00:50:50

@XLADLK 

Yes I agree with that.  I will make the suggestion to the software team.  

Options