Regarding The Deco BE11000 Mesh Router (Costco)

Regarding The Deco BE11000 Mesh Router (Costco)

27 Reply
Re:Regarding The Deco BE11000 Mesh Router (Costco)
3 weeks ago

@jon96789 It's been over a week and TP-Link support appears to have stopped all communications with me.  My open ticket has not been resolved and no one has contacted me since my initial contact.  Terrible customer service.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Graycase 

I have been experiencing issues with my Deco XE75 Pro. The support team has been very helpful and has escalated my ticket to a senior engineer, who has provided beta firmware that I am currently testing for my router.

If you have not submitted a ticket yet, or if you have previously submitted one, I encourage you to submit another using the instructions provided in my post below.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/694474

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@Graycase 

Hello all,

I am new to the community but also expercing the same issues as a lot of you; wired backhaul to satellite unites/decos does not work. Afer reading a lot of post, several of you mentioned the issues may be related to 'loop' back issues. So, I tested this theory. I purchased a TP-Link 5 port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch (TL-SD105E). I chose this switch because it has a loop prevention setting/option. Setting is enabled by default. My satellite decos are now wired and not having any issues. Network setup below. 

ISP, Fiber Adtran - Main Deco (router) - TL-SD105E - satellite Deco (via cat/6 or MoCA 2.5 adapters).

Note, I upgraded my decos to 1.0.6 build 20240724 prior to trying the TP-Link switch to see if this would fix the backhaul issues. It did not.

Hope this helps!

Options
a week ago

@FM-305 I just upgraded to firmware 1.06 and it appears to have fixed my intermittent issues with DLNA. It could also be the fact that I swapped my two satellites around (I am getting 100% signal on my Sony Blu-Ray player that I am using as a streaming device). I am still testing the DLNA streaming with the new firmware, so far it's been good.

I do not seem to have any backhaul issues (what are the symptoms or issues of this anyway?). I tried all three settings for the backhaul mode, Smart, Optimal Performance and High Capacity. I seem to get the least performance problems in Optimal Performance mode. When fast forwarding videos in all three modes, Optimal gives me the smoothest fast forwarding/rewinding performance, the other two modes are jerky.

I usually have only about 8-12 devices online at any time. I have about 30-35 devices total that access Wi-Fi. Three devices are always online, my alarm, garage opener and Arlo video cameras (which like the Netgear Orbis, literally suck).

Issues i am still working on is Apple devices connectivity. Apple devices like to have Private Wi-Fi Address enabled. This is an Apple feature which generates random MAC addresses when connecting to Wi-Fi. The prblem with this is that everytime it changes MAC addresses, it creates a new device and adds it to my client list. I never had this problem with the Orbi routers.

Feature I really like is Address Reservation. It assigns an I.P. address to a device (like using static I.P.). My Canon MFD printer likes to randomly change its I.P. address on the fly when powered on which causes connectivity issues that prevents me from printing when the address changes. It changes I.P. address five minutes after the printer is powered up  every time.

Feature I don't like, no ability to configure the router via web interface from a PC or Mac. You must configure using the phone app.

Options
a week ago

@Graycase 

There is a web based option but it's very limited 

http://tplinkdeco.net/

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@HelpFixDecoApp The web interface only allows viewing of the router configuration, you cannot configure th router via the web interface...

Options
a week ago

@Mango3000 

Well...long story short.  After 3 frustrating weeks of hell, I finally got my network stabilized and usable.  This isn't specifically about the BE11000 but I think it may be relevant.  

Configuration: I have 3 x BE95 plus 3 x BE11000 (Costco) spread throughout a 4700 sq ft home on 12000 sq ft lot. 

Observations: IoT and Guest networks are junk especially when running 2.4 only (they were for me anyway). 2.4 Ghz on tplink is bad. Really bad.  Where my Netgear Orbi RBR850 was blasting at 33 db consistently, the BE95 was only managing 41 on average.   There's no control over transmit power for any of the antennas like there is on the Orbi so I'm assuming it is max output. Also, changing channels manually is not possible so must rely on the scan function and that is inaccurate in mixed product environments like the one I have. When you go to Network Optimization, the scan function immediately returns all channels as "Perfect!".

Wifi Backhaul mode will appear in this configuration after adding the BE11000 but it's unusable with the BE95.

Ring:

Almost all Ring cameras are 2.4 Ghz.  Disconnects and dropoffs constantly when on the IoT network. When connecting to the IoT network at 2.4 manually, I would get download speeds at 1 to 2 mbps.  Don't bother with IoT.  For some reason having another SSID at only 2.4 Ghz doesn't do well with TPLink. Moved all Ring cameras to primary SSID and most problems are gone as of now. I get the occasional weak signal complaint from the Ring camera.  Not sure why.  Sometimes it's showing an RSSI of 45 and sometimes it's  69.  I think it comes down to the instability of 2.4 on tplink. 

Sonos:

After reading many tips on stabilizing the Sonos network, it turns out that one of the speakers (Arc, Ray, Beam or anything with ethernet) must be plugged into the primary router  with wifi disabled on that particular speaker. I ran one of my Arc speakers to a BE95 (secondary node), disabled wifi and Sonosnet was able to "wire" the rest of the speakers throughout the home (roughly 16 sonos devices) through the mesh.  I'm not sure of the mechanism but so far it's been stablized compared to the complete mess it was before. 

Steps taken so far:

-Flatten the network - No IoT network. No guest network.  Everything is banging around on one SSID. It's proven to be much more stable.

-Ignore the disconnected client list - many IoT devices will connect and disconnect randomly in that list.  Not sure why.  Ring cameras are the main culprit. It was frustrating because I thought that it was indicative of an issue with the device or network.  I think it's just the nature of IoT devices. 

-Turned off beamforming and fast roaming. 

-Channel width for 5 Ghz set to 240 Mhz (mileage may vary since we don't have a lot of homes in my area).

-Add DHCP address reservations for Ring cameras and Sonos devices.  I don't know why but I did it anyway. 

-Turned off mesh on all Sonos speakers.

-Set some Sonos devices to connect to specific nodes. (Not sure why they would be connecting across the house to a weaker node but they were). 

Speeds on 2Gbps/300mbps Xfinity service using ookla speed test app on all devices at around 15 feet:

M3 MacBook Air with 6E - 1.24 gbps down 355 mbps up 

M1 MacBook Air  - 408 mbps down 299 up 

iPhone 15 Pro Max - 1.1gbps down 300 up

iPhone 11 Pro Max - 337 down 308 up

Never had to work this hard to get a home network up and running and usable!  crying

I may abandon this set up all together as I am not convinced of the overall stability. 

Anyway....good luck! 

Options
a week ago

@Mango3000 Whatever you do, do not consider the Netgear Orbi... I went through three Orbi systems in six years.  They all died like clockwork after 24 months. I seriously considered buying the ASUS Mesh router but they seem to have a lot of issues when looking at the reviews online. I don't care for Linksys or the Eero because of inherent limitations in ther design.

Options
a week ago

@jon96789 That's really interesting.  I still have old Orbis from 5 or 6 years ago humming along in different locations and the Orbi RBR850 is still solid but definitely slower since it's wifi 6.  I did try the newest Orbi 973 and it was a solid performer with a solid network but couldn't justify the price.  The 3 pack would slow down to 200 mbps at just 20 feet.  Also, the 973 can ONLY be expanded with additional 973 which would have put the price at an astronimical $3100.  Far cry from the BE95 that I picked up on sale and the BE11000 that was on sale at Costco.  I haven't tried the Asus but the Eero Pro 6E had a lot of issues for me. 

Turns out that the plugged in Sonos Arc does not like having it's wifi disabled in a surround environment. Choppy surrounds and subs.  Turned on wifi and that fixed the problem.  If Sonos is unstable, then this tplink set up will not work for me. It's unfortunate because almost everything else is ok now but I have far more invested in the Sonos than the tplink. 

Options
a week ago
I have a few questions. 1) is the Ethernet and wireless disconnect issue fixed by reverting back to firmware 1.0.4? 2) Are the issues still seen on 1.0.6? 3) How do you even revert back to older firmware? I’m on firmware 1.0.6 and I’m seeing random disconnects on both wireless and Ethernet. I’m seeing my streaming service on my TV and computers freeze then come back.
Options