Firmware update broke my network

2024-07-31 13:08:59
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco XE75(US)_V2.6_1.2.8 Build 20240328

Wow oh wow.  So let's start from the beginning.  Myself and my wife work from home and we don't have offices near our home that we can go to if something happens to our network.  Back in February I invested in also installing cat6 Ethernet cable in my home and in the bedrooms since everything in my home runs on internet. TV's gaming consoles, our work PC, appliances, Tesla Solar Wall.....everything you can think of. My home network had been running flawlessly since February of this year. If anyone came by my home and asked for the wifi I give it to them they connect instantly and they were so shocked about how fast the network is with only paying for a 500 down service from my ISP.

Well last week I opened my deco app and got an alert for a firmware update so I did the update OTA.  The 1st thing I noticed was when the Deco's had to reboot they didn't come back online so I did the simply thing waited like 10 minutes or so still didn't come back so then I unplugged the main deco and the satellite deco.  Plugged the main deco back in and it came back online but then noticed it wasn't connecting to all the devices. Plugged the other deco in and things started to come back slowly but they cam back...But then my wired connections were having issues connecting.  So I tried rebooting again worse the 2nd time around. So I went for broke hit the little reset button on the bottom of the deco which makes you have to redo the entire setup process but it worked....some devices wouldn't connect but if it wasn't an important device I was ok with it.  But I noticed some of my wired devices wouldn't connect or they would just have really slow speeds which I find odd since it wired.

On Monday the 29th I conact TP-Link Customer service via chat to be fair the customer service rep was great and really tried to help me but in the end nothing they told me was helping or working.  So they said they had to escalate my issue to "The Engineering team" and they would contact me via email in 24 hours.  Well yesterday the 30th at the 27th hour while myself and my wife are working the Deco completely died.  So not only did nobody from TP-Link follow up with me but I spent a good 4 hours on chat with a new person who was trying to keep me calm but again I'm supposed to be working.  I basically told the rep please don't say sorry cause I'm already upset. Nobody contacted me in 24hrs, I did your product firmware update and my network has failed so it's very simple send me two new mesh units overnight or refund my money spent so I can but Netgear Orbi.  basically after all of that I was told to wait another 24hrs for someone to contact me.

Right now I'm using the terrible ISP gateway to power my network which is so unreliable it drops wifi signals all the time. I'm going to be as patient as humanly possible but if this isn't resolved the way it should be then I will be seeking legal representation to resolve this.  This is all because I did a firmware update that TP link put out and then to deal with terrible customer service.  I guess companies just take your hard earned money and just screw you over....never again will I buy or recoomend TP link to anyone 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firmware update broke my network
2024-08-07 19:23:20
The only part of the company that can read this and try to make you whole, will be marketing/sales, as every company in 2024 is cutting back in every department but marketing. So I would suggest you post this as a review for the product where you purchased it, be it Amazon or Costco. Disappointing to see they’re letting these topics sit here instead of making attempts to address the issue, and at least pull the firmware in question in the meantime. But it’s still being offered in app.
Options