1.2.11 Firmware update anyone?

2024-08-13 01:15:01
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20240724 Rel. 38913

Hi - my app notified me that the above firmware version was available.  Does anyone have any experience with this yet?

Thanks,

R

Options
12 Reply
Re:1.2.11 Firmware update anyone?
2024-08-13 22:52:09

@Rhyalus 

To help out while you wait for user experiance here is what that frimware addresses

Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed some security vulnerability.
2. Fixed some multicast-related issues.
3. Fixed compatibility issues with Global Protect VPN.
4. Fixed some other bugs and enhanced system stability.

Options
2024-08-14 00:08:30

@Carl That English is suspect...  :-)

I saw that info, but "some" security vulnerability just doesn't do it for me.

R

Options
2024-08-14 00:49:00

@Rhyalus 

Grammar notwithstanding, I can definitely see your point on the details.  I will see if I can get anything more on them and let you know.

Options
2024-08-14 01:52:12

@Carl Do you know if it is possible to downgrade a firmware version?

1.2.10 has been rock stable for me...  if I went to 1.2.11, could I go back to .10 if I had an issue?

Thanks,

R

Options
2024-08-14 15:52:23

@Rhyalus 

It would require using the Web UI, but yes, you should be able to. In almost all cases that I have seen, if the new firmware is locked and cannot be downgraded, we will indicate that in the release notes.  I do not see such a disclaimer, so you should be able to.  If not I should be able to work with Engineering to help as well. 

As for the statement "Fixed some secuirty vulnerabilities".   Its was poorly worded form what I was told its a general enhancement to the security settings on the backend of the device to ensure the product remains as safe and secure as possible.  There were no specific bugs, that they made me aware of, that were addressed.     

Options
2024-08-15 15:15:58

Just as a quick FYI, I updated to the .11 firmware last night, and so far, I have not seen any issues.  Connections seem solid.

I'll update this thread in a few days.

FYI, I also have my system reboot every Sunday morning at 3am.

Regards,

R

Options
3 weeks ago

@Rhyalus I upgraded to 1.2.11 about a week ago, and I wish I had not! All of my IoT devices are now going offline randomly and locking up until I cycle the power!

I installed a Hive system, 8 WiFi light controllers and 4 WiFi plugs at Christmas along with a new XE-75 Pro setup; everything was perfect until the 1.2.11 firmware upgrade. My light switches started going offline first, and not even the manual light switch works until I cycle the mains on and off. Bizarrely, the Hive system locked out this morning, and the hub for that is an ethernet cable straight into the back of the Deco, so goodness knows what is going on. I lock my mobile phone to Internet calling owing to lousy mobile signal where I live, and that is now dropping calls since the 1.2.11 upgrade.

I thought I read something about the upgrade fixing Smart Life device disconnects when I scanned the firmware release notes, but if I did read that, it did the opposite!

In short... hold off updating! What is the process to roll-back to 1.2.10 please?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Rhyalus 

I got a notification of 1.2.12 for my XE75 Pro v2.6. Haven't installed it yet.

My mesh has XE70 Pro and XE75 Pro nodes. They are all on 1.2.11, I'm waiting for 1.2.12 to be released for XE70 Pro.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Rhyalus 

I am currently testing version 1.2.12 for my XE75 Pro in collaboration with one of the senior engineers. I would suggest exercising caution with this version at this time.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
2 weeks ago

FYI, I have been running .11 for a couple of weeks now, and the only issue I had was that one of my thermostats lost connection to the network.  I could not get it connected again until I cleared the "offline clients" list.

Even rebooting the routers did not work.

This has only happened once, so it is hard for me to identify the cause.

The device is not identified or grouped as an IoT.

R

Options