Having problems with the Deco App? Read this

Having problems with the Deco App? Read this

14 Reply
Re:Having problems with the Deco App? Read this
2 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

I see now. It is XE75 V2. Hope this helps. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@sdaltons 

You can find the available firmware versions at the following link:

[TP-Link Deco XE75 Firmware Downloads](https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-xe75/v2/#Firmware)

Please ensure that you select the correct hardware version, which can be found on the underside of your Deco device. 

Identify your current firmware version and download the previous version. 

I recommend starting with the firmware version Deco XE75(US)_V2_1.2.8 Build 20240328.

To perform the update, please access the Deco web interface by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > Firmware Update, click on 'Browse,' select the firmware bin file, and then click on 'Upgrade.'

If you continue to experience issues, please repeat the above steps and try firmware version Deco XE75(US)_V2_1.2.5 Build 20231225.

Regardless of the outcome, we kindly ask that you submit a support ticket by following the instructions provided in the link below. This will inform the support team of any concerns related to the firmware version you are currently using.

[Submit a Support Ticket](https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/694474)

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
2 weeks ago

@sdaltons unfortunately, the older firmware did not fix the issue; it must have been a coincidence that the problems stopped for a while after I downgraded and then resumed. I registered as a developer with Tuya, who run the servers that provide the Smart Home app functionality that control my smart light switch and plugs; that enables me to see the logs for those devices, and it shows that they are losing connection with the cloud servers every few minutes. The devices never lose connection to my WiFi, so the issue is the stability of the Internet connection to the server, and after a while, all that reconnecting locks up the devices; that explains why my Hive and Alexa devices, which use different cloud services are experiencing similar issues. I tried the router that was supplied by my ISP, and I still get the same problem, so the ISP is sending an engineer out today to investigate.

Options
2 weeks ago

@gauge_boson 

Hmm very interesting. I was just getting ready to roll back the firmware when I read this. If you learn anything interesting from the engineer, please share if you don't mind. Especially if it is on the deco side, but even if it isn't, it still might shed some light on my trouble. And a couple of my IOT devices are tuya as well so I will look into what you said on that. 

Options
Related Articles