Trying to connect Wyse camera to IoT network

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: current

Just got this router and I'm trying to connect an old Wyse camera v1, that had been disconnected for awhile. The camera needs 2.4G. I activated the IoT network, connected my iPad to that network and stepped through the add device setup on the Wyxe app several times, but no luck. Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Trying to connect Wyse camera to IoT network
3 weeks ago

@GizmoJojo 

I have had several Wyze cams die on me. There is a procedure to reinstall the Wyze cam firmware which you can find on the Wyze site. Some recoveed and others did not. I still have 4 Wyze cams working but been replacing them with another vendor.

First I would try to see if you can get it to connect to some other 2.4G network

Options
2 weeks ago

Hey @GizmoJojo 

Welcome to the community!

If you can, test whether you can connect any other devices to the IoT network. If other devices can connect, and assuming you've already reset the Wyze device in an attempt to reconfigure it with the network, this may indicate the Wyze device is encountering some network connectivity troubles. If so, I'd recommend contacting Wyze to see what they would recommend.

Options
2 weeks ago

@GizmoJojo 

just had one of my Wyze cameras stop connecting. Had to delete it from the Wyze app and add it back in to get it to work. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 108

Replies: 3

Related Articles