Adding to the BE11000

Adding to the BE11000

Adding to the BE11000
Adding to the BE11000
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I recently purchased the BE11000 Wifi 7 units from Costco and they work well in the house, but I want to extend the coverage to my separate garage on the property - my question is, can I add the X25 or the AXE5300 on to the BE11000 mesh network? And if so, will the X25 or AXE5300 make the BE11000 speed slower, or will the BE1000 be faster in the house and the X25 or AXE5300 just be slower in the garage? I don’t want to wast the investment of the BE11000 if I just drag it down with the X25 or AXE5300.

I hope that makes sense. 

Thanks, Mike

Options
14 Reply
Re:Adding to the BE11000
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Libertized  same here, I wrote to tech support today asking the same question, nothing yet, I am going to let you know if get some back.   Their literature is a bit confusing about this topic, it would say you may add any deco sayelitte ?only? for a mesh network, but i have read about Omada range extenders/ap for outdoors and recently on tp-link website it shown up two extenders for a be11000 wifi 7, RE655be and RE235BE, which, for me, made it a bit more confuse to unsertand if there is a better option to extend the network without losing its orginal features. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Libertized 

Hi, welcome to the community.

can I add the X25 or the AXE5300 on to the BE11000 mesh network? 

- Do you refer to Deco X25 or Deco XE5300?

Both would work well with Deco BE11000 and Deco XE5300 is better since it also supports 6GHz band. The satellite Deco usually will not affect the network performance of main Deco so it would be more like "BE1000 is faster in the house and the X25 or AXE5300 just be slower in the garage". 

@AFST 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. If you are currently using a Deco as your primary router, it is recommended to stick with Deco products when expanding your network with additional extenders. The range extenders like RE655be and RE235BE seem to be quite similar to satellite Deco Mesh, but they can't be configured/managed via Deco APP. Deco doesn't support EasyMesh either. Some software features will also be lost, for example, RE655be and RE235BE could only extend the main network(2.4+5+6GHz) of the host router. If you have guest network enabled on the main Deco BE11000, you can't have it extended on the range extenders, neither did the IOT network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP  got it, thank you. 

David-TP wrote

@Libertized 

Hi, welcome to the community.

can I add the X25 or the AXE5300 on to the BE11000 mesh network? 

- Do you refer to Deco X25 or Deco XE5300?

Both would work well with Deco BE11000 and Deco XE5300 is better since it also supports 6GHz band. The satellite Deco usually will not affect the network performance of main Deco so it would be more like "BE1000 is faster in the house and the X25 or AXE5300 just be slower in the garage". 

@AFST 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. If you are currently using a Deco as your primary router, it is recommended to stick with Deco products when expanding your network with additional extenders. The range extenders like RE655be and RE235BE seem to be quite similar to satellite Deco Mesh, but they can't be configured/managed via Deco APP. Deco doesn't support EasyMesh either. Some software features will also be lost, for example, RE655be and RE235BE could only extend the main network(2.4+5+6GHz) of the host router. If you have guest network enabled on the main Deco BE11000, you can't have it extended on the range extenders, neither did the IOT network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Got it. Thank you.! 

Options
3 weeks ago
@David-TP thank you for the info. I guess a good point to make would be that I'm looking to extend to that separate garage on the pproperty, but by way of a barn in the way so i would put the extender/mesh router in the (dusty/dirty) barn. If I wanted to use an outdoor router/extender instead, what would you suggest? I could go with a router in the house instead of the BE11000 mesh and push out to the rest of the property? Thoughts?
Options
3 weeks ago

@Libertized 

Hi, Thanks for the update. I hope you can add more details, such as the distance of the separate garage from the main house router, how many clients need internet connection(WiFi only, or Ethernet required).

The Home-use extender, like Deco X50-Outdoor, or RE655BE is usually recommended about 10-15 meters to maintain a stable and fast connection with the host router/main Deco.

-The wireless range extender(RE series) can't be installed outdoors without any protection.

If the desired distance is with 50-100m, I think the Omada Access points might be a good choice, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada/wifi/

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/solution/outdoor-wi-fi/

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP  mine are 20-30 meters apart, protected from the elements, I am going to give a try on running three cat5e cables from a 5 ports unmanaged PoE switch inside of the main house and using the TP-Link Deco AX3000 PoE Mesh WiFi(Deco X50-PoE) to the place (garages, barn..etc) at each cable end given to the 2.5 port in it.  How does it sound to you.? 

thanks in advance. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@AFST 

Hi, I think it should work well.

And there are some frequently asked questions about Ethernet Backhaul and Deco X50-POE:

General Questions About the Ethernet Backhaul Feature on Deco Mesh Systems

General Questions About the PoE Feature on the Deco X50-PoE

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

390cdce2cc8d44efb0b8cec403334349  @David-TP  Thanks.  Just did it... it is working great, easy setup, the mlo is not being propagated (wifi6-wifi7) which for me makes no difference at moment for a garage, summer kitchen, looks nice, wall mounted, discrete.  I have decided to use the backhaul via cat5e cable  + power supply instead of PoE once it was in hand for the places I wanted the coverage, amazingly I am getting almost the nominal speed the cable modem delivers or nominal considering itself consumption (820mb out of 1gb).

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

54b10d851e8c4b9794a001bd0ea1c7d2  @David-TP  it looks nice and discrete in the wall, I will hide then power supply cable later. laugh

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@David-TP Hi David, another question for you. 

If I have the BE11000 in my house with 2 BE1000 satellites, can I ethernet connect from the main unit to an AXE5300 unit 150 feet away and then that AXE5300 unit has 2 satellites? Is this the best way to do this?

In other words, the BE1000 (x3) will be in my house, while the AXE5300 (x3) will be in the barn and shop. 

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 14

Related Articles