Cannot connect to VPN server

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE65 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20240118 Rel.70837

Hi Team,

I ae a B65-5G which is runninbg through a mobile connect ISP. When my devices are coneced to this router, we cannot connect to the VPN server and the connection request times out.

We have about 5 devices all having the same issue. 

If we use an alternativwe WiFi connection, the VPN connects almost immediately.

I have not created a VPN client on the router 

The router is not configured as a VPN sever 

Please help to solve this poblem.

Thanks 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to VPN server
2 weeks ago
Can you check if the unit is updated to the newest firmware? I suspect it is not. After updating please try again...
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @Madrakuk 

Welcome to the community.

A few quick questions that will help our community better understand your situation:

1. Is the VPN server you are attempting to connect to hosted on another device inside, or outside your network? Or, are you referring to a VPN service provider (e.g., NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc.)?

2. Is the alternative Wi-Fi connection also using your mobile ISP as its Internet source? Or is it an entirely separate network/Internet source?

3. What are the types of devices that are having difficulty connecting to the VPN?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @jzchen 

I checked for updates over the last couple of days and all was up to date. As it happens there was an update last night, I have just updated and tried again. Still no success.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi  @Ryan 

Please see responses below in red. 

1. Is the VPN server you are attempting to connect to hosted on another device inside, or outside your network? Or, are you referring to a VPN service provider (e.g., NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc.)? It is a remote server running Sophos VPN.

2. Is the alternative Wi-Fi connection also using your mobile ISP as its Internet source? Or is it an entirely separate network/Internet source? It is an entirely separate network using a cable connection to the alternative router. If I hotspot from my Mobile, which is the same ISP, then I can connect no problem. 

3. What are the types of devices that are having difficulty connecting to the VPN? All are Laptops. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 4

Related Articles