Connectivity Issue with Google Pages using Starlink and TP-Link Deco

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an unusual issue with my network and would really appreciate any suggestions or if someone has experienced something similar.

Network Setup:

• ISP: Starlink
  • Primary Router: Starlink
  • Network Extension: TP-Link DecoX20 (connected via Ethernet to the Starlink router)
  • Devices: Various devices connected to the Deco network, both via Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

Issue:

I can't access any Google pages (Google.com, Gmail, YouTube, etc.) from any device connected to my Deco network. All other websites seem to work fine. If I connect directly to the Starlink network without going through Deco, I can access Google pages without any issues.

Solutions Attempted:

1. DNS Change:
    • I tried changing the DNS on the Deco network to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).
    • I also tried other public DNS servers like Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1).
    • Despite these changes, the issue persists.

Question for the Community:

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have any idea what might be causing this? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connectivity Issue with Google Pages using Starlink and TP-Link Deco
2 weeks ago

@ManuelSoria 

I suggest, at least to test, to change the operaion mode of the Deco to "Access Point".

Can the devices ping the google sites?

Options
Re:Connectivity Issue with Google Pages using Starlink and TP-Link Deco
2 weeks ago

@ManuelSoria 

To troubleshoot your internet connection in the Deco app, please follow these steps:

In the Deco app, please navigate to More > Internet Connection. Ensure that IPV4 is enabled; if it is not, please activate it. After making this adjustment, check whether you can access the previously inaccessible sites. If IPV4 is already on, please proceed with the following instructions.

1. Click on the Start menu and type "Control Panel" in the search bar.

2. Select "Network and Sharing Center."

3. Click on "Change adapter settings."

4. Right-click on your network card and choose "Diagnose."

If any errors are identified during this process, please report them here.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options