Unstable Wifi with Deco

Unstable Wifi with Deco

16 Reply
Re:Unstable Wifi with Deco
a week ago

@yves_b Yes for sure for 1 and 2, can you elaborate for number 3? i mean i have 2 separate and different routers beside each other, but the deco is plugged to only one of them directly 

Options
a week ago

@MortalChief3 

I understand the app works in two "modes":

1. either it connects to TPLink cloud and manage the mesh via the cloud.  I believe this is the default mode, even if the phone is connected to the wifi of the mesh.
  2. either it locally connects to the main Deco and localy manage the mesh.  This requires, of course, being connected to the wifi of the mesh.  I believe this is used only when the cloud is not reachable when the app is started.

I believe it is necessary to restart the app to change mode.

Options
a week ago

@yves_b How do i change modes? im always connected to the main deco when troubleshooting but most of the time cant access the app if the main is down

Options
a week ago

@MortalChief3 Also can i add, the app sometimes says some of the decos are offline or not working or its red in the app. But when i inspect it in person its white and working properly.

Options
a week ago

@MortalChief3 

I believe restarting the app will cause it to use the local mode if the cloud is not reachable.

This is how you manage a Deco isolated from Internet.

Obviously, you must be connected to the wifi of the Deco.

Options
a week ago

@yves_b Hmm, that has never worked for me

Options
Related Articles