BE63 added to network with XE5300, completely unstable

a week ago
Model: Deco BE63  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20240724 Rel. 12326

I finally had a stable network with parental controls working with 3 Deco XE5300 Wifi 6e.

Today introduced a Deco BE 63 (newer model with wifi 7 MLO cabpability)

The entire netowk is completely unstable.  Deveices cannot stay connected wired or wireless.

Has anyone tried this mixed mesh network?

I wsa told by TP-link support that it is compatible before I purchased the BE63, and was also told it would be optimal to set as the Main Deco

I did create an MLO network, but are not using it for anything yet because I'm not sure we have any clients with this capability yet (certainly not our old iPhones!)

Advice?  settings I should try??

For now, I am goin g to have to remmove it from the system :/

Options
7 Reply
Re:BE63 added to network with XE5300, completely unstable
a week ago

@drat242 

I would try the following 

If you have multiple models of Deco, it is recommended to designate the new model as the primary Deco and the older models as secondary units.

There are two methods to achieve this. Regardless of the option you choose, please ensure that your network is configured according to either the first or second examples in this image: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/faq/image-20240329074344-12_20240329144345n.png.

**Option #1 (Not recommended)**: For guidance, please refer to the following link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2400/.

**Option #2**:

1. Reset all of your Deco units by pressing the reset button on each one.

2. Using the Deco app, set up your newest Deco as the main unit. Since you have factory reset each unit, you will be able to use the same network SSID and password as before.

3. Once the newer model is operational, return to the app and add the remaining Decos to your network.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

Thanks for the reply-

Before I follow #2 completely, (this will be a lot of work to completely start over)

Would this approach accomplish the same result:

1. BE63 is already setup as the new Main Deco

2. Factory reset the satellites

3. Add back the satellites to the mesh

Thanks,

drat242

Options
a week ago

@drat242 

Never tired it that way but I say go for it and let me know :) 

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

I factory reset the decos and no dice whatsoever.

I removed the MLO wifi network just in case it was causing the interference and instability, but that wasn't it either.

From what I can tell, the BE63 wifi 7 router is not compatible with a 6e mesh of xe5300's.

This should not have ben the case according to TP-Link support , documentation, and website.  It should be backward compatible, and the later model should be the manin deco.

The log files show all kinds of errors, but I have no idea what to make of them

Examples;

daemon.err nrd[2200]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Can't find local reported BSS on band of channel 0 for BSS

daemon.err nrd[2200]: wlanifMapToPhyMode: Invalid PHY mode from driver: 0

daemon.err nrd[2200]: wlanifConvertToSingleStreamMCSIndex: Invalid PHY mode from driver: 0

daemon.err nrd[2200]: estimatorDot11kIterateCB: Timeout waiting for 802.11k response

daemon.err nrd[2200]: netdb_requestDownlinkRSSI: not MLD!

daemon.err nrd[2200]: estimatorCmnHandleBeaconReportEvent: Invalid beacon report for 46:39:90:99:3A:07fail count 22
daemon.err nrd[2200]: qca_delete_wds_entry: failed to send ioctl
daemon.err nrd[2200]: qca_delete_wds_entry: failed to send ioctl
daemon.err nrd[2200]: ar_config_set_thres[line 28]: Null thres!
daemon.err client_mgmt: wireless client associate or disassociate.
daemon.err client_mgmt: client_mac:46-39-90-99-3A-07, client_ifname:ath1, client_action:disassociate
daemon.err client_mgmt: client(46-39-90-99-3A-07) mldaddr(00-00-00-00-00-00) disassociate by if(ath1).
daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1616: Error: can't find ifname[ath12.1] in eth_ifname
daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: loop_avoidance_flush_switch_fdb_table:338: Error: set cmd:ssdk_sh fdb entry flush 1

Options
a week ago

@drat242 

Try resetting every unit again but this time add only the Deco BE 63 and see what happens also make sure you update the firmware of the Deco BE 63 

If there are no issues with that unit then try to add one of the other models and see what happens 

Options
a week ago

@drat242 

Also please ensure that your network is configured according to either the first or second examples in this image: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/faq/image-20240329074344-12_20240329144345n.png.

Options
a week ago

@drat242 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Reset usually didn't help with the network instability issue. Since there are 4 Deco units, may I know how the satellite Deco XE5300 units connect to the main Deco BE63, all by WiFi?

or Can I have some screenshots of the network map on the Deco APP, such as:

f2cce2944fa145a8973aa485b3037646

How about the model number of the devices that constantly dropped out?

-Are they mainly connected to the 2.4GHz band(or 5G/6GHz)?

-When they are disconnected, do you need to restart any Deco or mobile clients themselves to temporarily restore the connection?

By the way, if possible, could you please try to switch one of the Deco XE5300s as the main Deco, BE63 as the satellite to see whether it helps with the network stability:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 7

Related Articles