GUI not accessible unless rebooting or pinging

неделю назад
Tags: #GUI login
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an SG1024DE with an odd problem. All firmware is up to date. The switch has a static IP of 192.168.1.68/28 and the DHCP server/router has a reservation set for the MAC address as well. Router OS is OPNsense running on an HP T730 with an Intel 4 port gigabit NIC. The switch uplink to the router is a link aggregation of ports 23 and 24, and is tagged for all my vlans and untagged vlan 1 as default. My management vlan for my networking devices is vlan 40. The device I’m using to access the GUI is a Windows 10 desktop hardwired to the switch, using both Firefox and Edge browser. 

Whenever I first boot the switch, I can access the GUI just fine. However after about 5-10 minutes when I try to access it I get a server is not responding error. I can confirm that the switch is still active on the router leases page and all network traffic through the switch is working like normal. But no matter what browser or device I use, I’m not able to access the GUI. 

I’ve found two workarounds to temporarily allow access but after 5-10 minutes it goes right back to inaccessible. The first is to reboot the switch which obviously isn’t ideal. The second is to log into the OPNsense router and ping the switch IP. As soon as I do so, the switch GUI is immediately accessible. If I keep the ping running, after the same time frame the switch GUI will “reload” and cause me to have to sign in again but as long as the router is pinging the switch I have access. 

The firewall log shows my PC requests to the switch IP and it’s not being blocked on either side. 

I’ve dug through the settings and cannot find anything obvious that would be causing this issue. Any help would be appreciated because I’m at my wits end trying to figure out what’s wrong. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 60

Replies: 0

Tags

GUI login
Related Articles