Continuous disconnects when using GlobalProtect VPN

Wednesday
Model: Deco BE16000  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20240725 Rel. 33400

(I have no idea what hardware version I have, but the system is less than 3 months old, so I assume it's a newer version). 

I am seeing constant disconnects from GlobalProtect VPN when using this system at home. I don't know if it's GP or if it's deco. But considering that my wife also uses GP and she is having issues when connected to this network, and neither of us seem to have issues when connected at the office, I have a feeling the issue is with this home system.

I'm pretty network saavy, and I have done some tweaking to the system. I've turned off all protections and QoS, then tried a combination of different services. I have tried to set our most important devices to be high priority, as well as set the preferred connection, as these devices usually don't move aroudn the house too much. I've tried wired and wireless - I am currently using a wired connection from the hub to one satellite, then from the satellite to my laptop (also wired), where my wife is using wifi to connect to the closest satellite. I've done network opitmization and even set the DHCP settings and DNS to a small range and known server (8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1). 

I've also checked for the latest updates, but it appears that I am already as up-to-date as I can be. 

Nothing I do seems to prevent the drops. 

Somedays it's minimal - one or two drops throughout the day. 

Other days (like today), we get dropped every 10 min. 

Any ideas on what we can try or how to fix this? We can't keep getting dropped off the VPN. We need this to work. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Continuous disconnects when using GlobalProtect VPN
Wednesday

@Apolymoxic 

Upon reviewing several previous support posts, it appears that other users have experienced similar issues with Gobla Protect, which has prompted the development of beta firmware to address this matter. 

I recommend submitting a support ticket regarding this issue. You can find the instructions for submitting a ticket below.

Before initiating the ticket submission process, please determine your hardware version. You can find the hardware version by inspecting the bottom of your device; it should indicate either V1 or V1.60.

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.
2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions.
3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.
4. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated response with a TKID number.
5. Upon receiving this email, please access the Deco web UI by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > System Log, select "ALL" in the log type, and save the file to your local computer. Then, reply to the email you just received, attach the log file, and kindly request that your ticket be escalated to a senior engineer for further assistance.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options